Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Just weighed my bike, pleasantly surprised!
  • daern
    Free Member

the “winch” bit of “winch and plummet” is me, wheezily pedalling up the stupid steep slopes in the smallest gear I can…

Ah, my apologies, with so much use of uplifts, I assumed you were referring to this incorrect method of getting to the top of a hill.

Winch away, sir!

joebristol

Just to add balance I weighed my FS enduro type bike and the luggage scales I used showed around the 32lb mark.

Aluminium 160/145 travel / Yaris / GX 11 speed / heavy dropper post / DT Swiss wheels (30mm internal width) and Maxxis dhr2 / aggressor 2.35s.

Literally nothing light weight attempted anywhere on it.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I did build a bike up once under 200 quid and under 18lbs. Not exactly practical though.

whitestone
    Free Member

We’re in the 21st century not the 18th. Kg not lbs.

You’ll be using Fahrenheit next 🙄

woodster

135mm full-sus here and just 34lbs with carbon saddle rails, brake lever blades and handlebars.

Do I win?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I always assumed my bathroom scales would be well out.
    But then I had my bike weighed by a bike shop and it was

I love this logic that if something happens or is said in a bike shop then it’s gospel!. Bike shops, fonts of awesomeness. 😆

eb2429
    Free Member

13.5kg for my HT 650b

As whitestone said who the hell uses lbs, Americanism or lots of old fruit and veg market traders?

philjunior
    Free Member

lbs are quite a good number as decimals aren’t really needed.

I did lol a bit at the 22lb isn’t that light – not that you can’t go lighter but a lot of the claimed weights below that don’t include pedals, and a lot of the measured weights below that are for bikes that will never be ridden hard or are pure fantasy.

Not that it isn’t possible to go sub 20lb, just that only about 10% of the people who say they have a 22lb bike on the internet actually have.

daniel_owen_uk
    Free Member

Not that it isn’t possible to go sub 20lb, just that only about 10% of the people who say they have a 22lb bike on the internet actually have.

Love it, making up stats to support made up stats 🙂

5thElefant
    Free Member

13.5kg for my HT 650b

Does that include the basket of onions?

philjunior
    Free Member

daniel_owen_uk – Member
    Love it, making up stats to support made up stats

That’s it, I’m off to organise an STW sub 22lb club forum ride.
    (there is a certain irony to my assertion there I suppose 😀 )

AlexSimon

I love this logic that if something happens or is said in a bike shop then it’s gospel!. Bike shops, fonts of awesomeness.

Sorry – just to please you I should have said by a bike shop I trust and who have taken time to buy good equipment and check it for accuracy.
    It was one of the red-bordered hook things that I’ve seen in a few places.
    I’m sorry it wasn’t in your favourite lab conditions 🙂

The reason I did it was that it weighed 29lb, but many said on here that it was unlikely. They weighed it at 13.07kg.

BadlyWiredDog

28lbs used to be heavy.

That was before Brexit.

eb2429
    Free Member

13.5kg for my HT 650b

Does that include the basket of onions?[/quote]

Are you saying its lardy?

scotroutes

Last time I weighed a bike it was almost 51lbs. That included all my bikepacking gear, food and water.

Daffy

It all comes down to the frame, fork and wheel weight and the old triumvirate of light, strong, cheap – pick two.

The Tallboy CC earlier in the thread is a classic example; eye wateringly expensive, but incredibly light. Coupled with 32mm forks, rather than going for 34s which add almost 0.5kg.

My Ti 29er Pegasus with 2×11 XTR, 32mm forks and 1.5kg carbon wheels was under 23lbs.

oldtalent
    Free Member

LOL imagine being that poor you could only afford a hardtail. No thanks.

isitafox
    Free Member

Tried posting a pic but photobucket seems to have changed their policies. Frame is 03-04ish rockhopper, mk1 Pikes, 1×10 and rock shox dropper. Scales are proper Salter hanging scales for weighing animals and the like.
    Not really bothered about the weight,like I said it was mainly to see how my buzzrack would cope with my unicycle strapped on as well!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

eb2429 – Member

13.5kg for my HT 650b
    Does that include the basket of onions?

Are you saying its lardy?[/quote]
    My 170/160mm 650b Alu Enduro bike is 14.5 so I’d go with yes

eddiebaby
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Vcujh9]Jekyll-12[/url] by John Stanley, on Flickr

A 28lb 8oz (12.9kg) on my fishing scales with pedals on and tyres full of slime. When it’s dirty it could a lot heavier.

zippykona

Just received my digital scales like Dearn and my Anthem weighs 25.99 lb ready to ride.
    I’ll take that even if it isn’t true.
    My Fatty is 34lb with pump, spare tube and mudguards.

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Just weighed my bike, pleasantly surprised!’ is closed to new replies.