Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Just watched film about the TT
  • rascal
    Free Member

The bike race not the Audi 😉
    Documentary about the race with good ol’ Guy Martin being the focus.
    Jesus…you think we run certain risks with our sport/interest!
    Hitting walls and clipping curbs at 150mph plus – if you’re lucky you get slightly smashed up…if you’re not so lucky you die. It’s a risk they all knowingly take every time they get on their bike…and they always give 100% every time.
    I’ve often thought after I’ve done a fast and/or gnarly descent it could have gone a bit wrong – it would be easy to ping off your bike into a big rock or tree at speed but these nutters are something else! Impressive levels of commitment but bloody hell…

therag
    Free Member

That Conor Cummings? crash is frightening!

prawny

Brilliant film, I had a passing interest in the TT before, but I’m mildly obsessed wih it now, listened to the races live in radio TT last year n all.

It’s also the reason I bought a 3d tv.

butcher

The man is crackers. If you haven’t seen it yet, Watch Speed which was on the telly the other day, with Guy doing over 100mph on a bicycle. You’ll find it on 4od.

He’s quite the entertaining character.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

The addiction that Milky Quayle shows is what drives the TT along every year.

I really should pull my finger out and go one year…

prawny

Milky is awesome, especially after his crash, I’d have moved, far far away, or died, more likely.

rascal
    Free Member

I don’t really have any interest in motorbikes but I think I’d like to go to the TT one year having seen that.

stevio

well worth a trip over “here” – bring your bike and some earplugs and rennies…. fair number of work colleagues (and my FiL and from that my s/o) came here because of the Races….

Crell
    Free Member

I got the 3d version for Xmas though having seen the 2d version 3 or 4 tmes it doesn’t add much. Cumming’s crash is horrendous, but God knows how Martin survived his tbh. Excellent film / documentary.

wiggles
    Free Member

I’ll never look at a van parked up in a layby the same again…

Pigface
    Free Member

Having had one friend killed on the Island and another really badly hurt doing the Manx you can keep it.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Go. It’s a brilliant experience. went in 2013 with 10 mates. superb.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Having had one friend killed on the Island and another really badly hurt doing the Manx you can keep it.

That adds even more reason to watch it to be honest Pigface. The movie doesn’t paticularly glorify the TT and certainly doesn’t make light of the danger – its a very good representation of the race, the guys who do it, the effect it has on their families and the dedication (and addiction) they have for it.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I really should pull my finger out and go one year…

We’ve been three times.
    I’ll say, right here, right now, that nothing can prepare you for seeing The TT in person. It literally puts a shiver down my spine and I do get quite emotional about it, the excitement, the anticipation, the history, the place….
    I first heard of the TT when I was young, maybe 9 or 10 years old and I always wanted to go.
    The first time I went we arrived late, past midnight, at the campsite. We knew we were near the course but not exactly where it was. We knew it was practice week, but not exactly when practice was on. To be awoken from a deep sleep early in the morning by a 2 stroke at full chat is the weirdest sensation and I’ll never forget the feeling. We wobbled blearily-eyed out of the tent to the end of the road and sat on a grass bank:

DSCF0096 by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

Nothing I’ve ever seen comes even remotely close to the TT. Nothing. I can’t describe it really.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Just watched film about the TT’ is closed to new replies.