Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Just watched Attack The Block
  • colournoise

Bit behind the times, but what a great little film. Clever, media-savvy and a decent alien/horror flick.

jon1973
    Free Member

This has been on my ‘to watch radar’ on Lovefilm instant for ages now, but I’ve never really been in the mood for it. Looking at that picture, I think I might actually give it a try. It does seem to get some good reviews.

You should give Dead Snow a look, if you haven’t already. Nazi zombies and attractive Norwegian ladies. Cinema doesn’t get any better than that.

xcstu
    Free Member

+1 ya I enjoyed this too 🙂

andyrm
    Free Member

Some amazing lines in that film……. “let’s get tooled up blud” being one of the funniest 🙂

Karl33to
    Free Member

quite enjoyed that film too, it doesn’t take itself too seriously, and the ape like aliens with glowing mouths was actually quite original

(waits for someone to point out it wasn’t)

Northwind

Yeah, it’s really good. This is too much madness to explain in one text!

Cougar

Didn’t click with it, myself. I think being a 40-year old northerner, I wasn’t home with the downies enough to gel with the characters.

stanfree
    Free Member

^^^ As above , didn’t like It . Found the Chavs totally detestable.

unklehomered
    Free Member

This is too much madness to explain in one text!

🙂

sputnik
    Free Member

Good watch ! Dead Snow not so good…

Bagstard
    Free Member

Not a fan, I was rooting for the aliens!

Rscott
    Free Member

I’m 25 and thought it was a terrible film turned it of halfway through.

DezB
    Free Member

Twice as old as Cougar, but I liked it. I actually talk like that. (I realise that doesn’t usually come across in my typing)

I was rooting for the aliens!
    Does that matter?

sobriety
    Free Member

If we’re doing recommendations, check out trollhunter. It’s great, other than the ending.

z1ppy

… meh, probably great for the production costs, but really just OK, TBF I thought the way they ‘made’ (portrayed on-screen) the aliens were great concept.

Trollhunters was very good, I enjoyed it a lot, again maybe the ending a bit meh, but you knew it was coming from the way it starts.

grum
    Free Member

Quite enjoyed it – pretty daft but entertaining. Joe Cornish needs to sack off doing films and go back to the Adam & Joe 6Music show though.

Didn’t click with it, myself. I think being a 40-year old northerner, I wasn’t home with the downies enough to gel with the characters.

I watched From Dusk ‘Til Dawn the other day – seen it? IIRC the character Sex Machine looks a bit like you. 😛

Trollhunter is pretty good. In a vaguely similar vein Iron Sky is quite entertaining.

southbeds
    Free Member

2p on amazon

soundninjauk

Watched Attack the Block, and found myself wishing the aliens would win towards the end. Thoroughly disliked almost all of the characters.

sunnrider
    Free Member

Funny movie with some clever ideas.

Cougar

IIRC the character Sex Machine looks a bit like you.

You’re far from the first person to suggest that. (-:

Holyzeus
    Free Member

Absolutely awful film, I lasted 30 mins

CountZero

Watched Attack the Block, and found myself wishing the aliens would win towards the end. Thoroughly disliked almost all of the characters.

Which is perfectly fine, it’s what I did too! Still really enjoyed the film, largely because of that, which isn’t usually supposed to be the case.

Drac

Yeah it’s a bit well crap.

souldrummer
    Free Member

It was on TV a few months ago. I thought it was a pretty good film, with some nice touches although I thought it began to run out of ideas the longer it went on. I’ve seen a lot worse!!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Being a 42 year old northerner who’s lived I the south for 20 years I loved it. 🙂
    Very well done and funny on a small budget.

argoose
    Free Member

Not bad film, but +1 for aliens chomping all the scrotes

Northwind

I liked the lack of moralising, they were wee bastards but they could be brave, loyal wee bastards. I found all the characters in The Godfather unlikeable 😉

derek_starship
    Free Member

It’s unpretentious and self deprecating. It’s fun.

AND. Jodie Whittaker is in it. What’s not to like?

soundninjauk

I found all the characters in The Godfather unlikeable

I think you could argue the same for The Sopranos, or Goodfellas, or stuff like that, yet for some reason I enjoyed those a lot more than Attack The Block. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t need my entertainment to be all deep and meaningful by any stretch, but for whatever reason it just didn’t do it for me.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Just watched Attack The Block’ is closed to new replies.