Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Just wanted to share my Cove. And a few questions for alpine adventures.
  • Janesy
    Free Member

Another pic of my steed. with new front rim, Mavic 719 and Maxxis Minion DH rear and High Roller DH front. this is in preperation for my Alpine adventure in 4 weeks.

2.35's Super tacky.

Took it to Cwmcarn Yesterday, Saddle down and let my bike take the punishment – Performed perfectly. Tyres are perfect for downhill and up. not too heavy, even with DH inner tubes. 100% grip. Small block 8's will still be used for XC though.

Pointless photos – was playing with wifes camera.

A few more things I need to do before I go. Get braided brakes. whats the correct kit? there Hope Mini Mono's. Also can I do it my self, any different from normal brakes?
    And also, How do I increase travel to 150mm in the revelations? Currently they are running at 140mm.

Jamie
    Free Member

Another pic of my steed.

😥

sc-xc

Steed? looks like a **** bike to me.

mk1fan
    Free Member

What model and year are the Revs? Are they OEM or proper aftermarket ones?

If they are a set of OEM Revs then you maybe stuck with 140mm. If you definatively want to know call TF Tuned tomorrow. Really helpful when it comes to give out advice.

Actually adjusting the travel isn't that hard (it's adding or removing spacers) but does mean stripping the forks down. There's a guide in June's MBUK on how to do it. You'll also find it in the forks manual.

There are loads of braided hoses to choose from. You just need to pick the kit for your model of brakes. Fitting them will mean a complete bleed of the brake. Pretty easy and there's plenty of how to guides on You Tube. Again you'll need to search for your model of brake.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I'm sorry but IMHO, you've made a nice bike look kinda, well, wrong.

Sorry..

Oh, and it's a bike… Not a " steed"…

Janesy
    Free Member

How do you make a Cove stiffee look wrong? 140mm Travel Hope thoughout.
    Just because I have the saddle high. Im 6ft not a dwarf. Could you explain 'why' it looks wrong. I may agree :/

dans160
    Free Member

Look alright to me. I don't see what peoples issues are…

ton

i like that……
    i built a cove stiffee up a while ago….and sold it…**** knows why.

i think they are a cracking bike, and if i was ever to have 1 bike it would be a stiffee.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Long stem, tripple chainset, XC Pedals..and I dunno, I've never liked a red and blue colour combination…

Like I say, it's just my opinion…

But hey, don't listen to me FFS..

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

That does look wrong, before you even think about braided hoses think about proper brakes, forks and rear suspension!

Janesy
    Free Member

Ah fair enough. Blue combo was on my other bike and obviosly got handed down down to this one. The stem is 90mm 10% rise. Fits 'me' perfectly.

mk1fan – I live 10 minutes from westbury where TF tuned are. WIll call them tmorrow.

The Forks are the Rock Shox Revelation Race Dual Air Forks 2010 .
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=40923

angryratio
    Free Member

No accounting for taste is there girls.

It looks wonderfully fit for purpose to me.
    Enjoy.

pitduck
    Free Member

well i like it 8)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Just wanted to share my Cove. And a few questions for alpine adventures.’ is closed to new replies.