• This topic has 25 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by pondo.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Just upped my STWness another notch
  • bedmaker

Never has chopping a tomato been so exciting!

[/url]

sweepy
    Free Member

Its all fun and games till the Mrs puts it in the dishwasher.

Very nice.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

tomatoes are not in season now so you are not true Singletrack. Jerusalem artichokes and forced rhubard, go right ahead .

looks lovely by the way!

molgrips
    Free Member

Next thread:

I’ve amputated my finger, should I go to the doctor?

perchypanther
    Free Member

If you happen to cut the end off your left thumb then it REALLY hurts, it will grow back a funny shape and it’ll have a numb spot on the end for the rest of your life.

Just sayin’. 😳

willard

Nice. I prefer to see a bit more hamon on the blade, but I love the finish of it.

Make sure you wash it after tomotoes though, they can etch the blade.

jekkyl

anyone else wanna see a picture of panther’s thumb?

perchypanther
    Free Member

anyone else wanna see a picture of panther’s thumb?

THAT’S NOT MY THUMB! 😯

Drac

Nice!

andyfla
    Free Member

just glad the OP isnt WCA ….

jekkyl

you cut off someone else’s thumb Panther?

bedmaker

I got a nice Japanese whetstone a while back and used it to sharpen up our existing Victorinox knife properly for the first time ever.

My wife cut a chunk of skin off the tip of her thumb a few days later… this knife is considerably sharper 🙂

blader1611
    Free Member

Can we see a shopping channel type picture of you cutting through something inappropiate like a drinks can or some plywood just to prove its sharpness?

digga
    Free Member

blader1611 – Member

Can we see a shopping channel type picture of you cutting through something inappropiate like a drinks can or some plywood just to prove its sharpness? Don’t be so stupid.

It has to be cutting through an old mobile phone.

willard

Will it blend?

P-Jay
    Free Member

Jesus wept, what sort of thing do you need to cut up that demands the use of a £200 sharper than a sharp thing knife?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Jesus wept, what sort of thing do you need to cut up that demands the use of a £200 sharper than a sharp thing knife?

OP mentioned tomatoes.

freeagent
    Free Member

I can confirm that kind of knife (ie sharp ones) is pretty good at slicing through fingers.
    My wife had to take over cooking lunch on Boxing day while I sorted out a cut on the back of my finger from one of my Tsuki knives.

“Cuts through fingers like butter” – thanks Dad – much appreciated.

bedmaker

It was much less than £200. It’ll last ages and give me just a little bit of joy each time I use it. I like using nice tools. Some folk will never really get this I guess.

Oh, and tomatoes 🙂

mark90
    Free Member

My wife cut a chunk of skin off the tip of her thumb a few days later.

My wife cuts herself almsot every time I sharpen the kitchen knives 🙄

andyl
    Free Member

If you happen to cut the end off your left thumb then it REALLY hurts, it will grow back a funny shape and it’ll have a numb spot on the end for the rest of your life.

Tip of mine ended up in a chicken curry once.

Grew back fine though. Never did find the bit of thumb.

sweepy
    Free Member

We have a rack full of knives for the Mrs, she doesn’t use them, just somehow ruin them.

And hidden away, wrapped in a teatowel in a high cupboard, is my ancient sabatier with the tip broken off which is my knife. Full complement of fingers but its early days.

bruneep

Hmm must sharpen the knives.

scaredypants

I cut the tip of my finger off with an electric hedge trimmer whe I was about 10

Perchy, that looks like a thumb – sizewise anyway

perchypanther
    Free Member

A pinkie, more like 😳

pondo

I spent thirty quid on a straight razor to be a cool shaving geek with and it wouldn’t cut the skin off a rice pudding. Think I gotta invest in some sharpening tech, too. 🙁

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Just upped my STWness another notch’ is closed to new replies.