Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Just to reassure me – XC717 to Crest?
  • nicko74

I’m looking at tarting up my wheels; I currently ride on XC717s on Hope XCs, and will swap them out for Pro 2s on a Stans rim.

Given that I’ve not done any serious damage to the 717s, Crests should be fine for me, right?

boxelder

Indeed.

loddrik
    Free Member

Will ‘upgrading’ make you ride better…?

nicko74

Will ‘upgrading’ make you ride better…?

Absolutely! Have you yet to see the light?! Everybody knows the more you spend/ the more unnecessary your ‘upgrades’, the better you ride! 🙂

loddrik
    Free Member

I knew I’d been going wrong somewhere…

DIS

First wheel build i every done was last year with pro 2 and crest rim (29″ front 26″ back). Probably put in several thousand miles since 50/50 road and of road and no problems. My wheels stay on the ground mostly (unless i am lifting the bike or falling of!) but have done 1 – 2 foot drops and the wheels have been fine.

So i think you should be fine, very easy to go tubeless with yellow tape and valve if thats your plan. Nice rims in my opinion.

I am defiantly a faster rider as a result, i just ignore my cycle computer when it begs to differ 🙂

rustler
    Free Member

Earplugs also. Pro2 racket gets annoying. 🙂

uplink
    Free Member

I went from 717s to Stan’s 355s on both my MTBs
    They’ve taken a good beating at times and stayed good and true

Country_Gent
    Free Member

I’ve been running Pro2/Crest combo on my hardtail for over a year now with no issues. I’m over 14st and they are still as true as the day I got them. Had JRA build me up a PIMP set with DT Swiss Supercomp spokes

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Just to reassure me – XC717 to Crest?’ is closed to new replies.