• This topic has 12 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by LMT.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Just the one mtb….
  • LMT
    Free Member

Currently have 2 bikes:

Canyon: Grand Canyon 29er hardtail
    Specialized Camber Expert 26er (the last one before they went all 29er 2012?)

Both short travel, both in great condition and do the job if it wasn’t for the fact I want another bike and discussions with swmbo they have to go if I want another bike, also running out of room with the work bike and a road training bike and OH’s bike as well somethings got to give.

I know I could sell the speshi fairly quick, I’ve seen them on ebay etc and they sell if priced right.

Canyons? rarely see them second hand or even for sale in classifieds, do these sell well second hand or little interest?

The other thing, any recommendations for the replacement bike? was thinking 29er full sus, short travel again as I don’t need a big bike. Generally blasts round Cannock and day trips to wales, along with the annual trip to Peebles!

Other option is get a new frame and swap the bits over from the canyon that would save time trying to sell the other bikes!

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

I’ve got the 29in Camber, seems good for most things.

LMT
    Free Member

Yep new Camber Evo would be on the list.

NormalMan

I’m about to do the “1 mtb” thing.

I have hardly used my Camber Expert (2012 – the last year of the 26er version) since getting a 29er HT. So it is time to go. Not sure what it is worth, what have you seen them go for?

I mainly ride the road now plus the Solaris I have really does tick any box my MTBing asks for.

From what you are saying a Camber Evo sounds about right or maybe a Transition Smuggler.

_tom_
    Free Member

My bike is about as close to do it all as I need. I keep considering something like a mega tr but have a strong suspicion it won’t be as good on the downhill and jumps as my voltage. Would just be nice to be able to be comfier on pedally rides but I don’t do them too often.

legend
    Free Member

Defo time to upgrade swmbo

LMT
    Free Member

Camber Experts ive seen them go from £750-£950 depending, a couple of lower models same year going for £500 on ebay at the moment.

I’ve changed the brakes on mine to SLX, those avids that came with it nasty things!!

NormalMan

Thanks LMT mine is pretty much stock except for some flat Race Face bars that suited the set up for me that bit more.

Hope you find the right bike for you.

epicyclo

Ragley TD-1

Light enough and sharp enough HA that you can stick a set of 700c road tyres on, equally happy as a 29er mtb, and with enough clearance to take a set of fat 27.5er+ tyres too.

3 wheelsets = 3 different bikes. Brant did good there.

Puts my 1×1 in into second place. 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I got down to one bike Blur LTc, about 18 months and the HT was never rebuilt.
    Now there is a Rocky Mountain Element & Commencal DH sat on the stand next to it…

One bike is just a sign of not owning the trousers 😉

_tom_
    Free Member

One bike is just a sign of not owning the trousers

Or a sign of not having the luxury of having enough money to just have surplus bikes lying around on the off chance you might get to use them to their full potential once or twice a year.

cookeaa

I’d always “Consolidate” on a HT unless you simply cannot do without some form of bouncy bike in your life.

I have accidentally gone down to just the one MTB at the minute, a LTHT with a 1×10 drivetrain and old fashioned 26″ wheels seems to cover my MTB riding needs at present and will probably be replaced once budget is available, and an appropriate “tweener” equivalent comes to market (ideally in that there carbon), it will be a couple of years at least I reckon…

But goes with what best suits your riding, not what the marketing or “Hive” endorse…

LMT
    Free Member

I enjoy the ride from the 29er it suits me, I don’t do big jumps and I’m no weekend warrior so to be able to blast round on the HT is great, those big days out always refer back to the full sus.

Its more of a case of I want a 29er full sus, short travel as that would do all my biking needs, as for the trousers yep partly true and I don’t mind saying it, but swmbo has a point we have no spare space for another bike. All im doing is combining my existing bikes into one, best of both worlds!

Saying that, looking round on forums might be trickier to sell the 2 bikes I have as it is.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Just the one mtb….’ is closed to new replies.