• This topic has 18 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by D0NK.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • just taco'd my rear 29er wheel from a highsided skid to avoid an Audi TT
  • teddy
    Free Member

a first for me, had to lock rear on as a TT overtook then pulled in and slammed on in front of me.
    the resultant skid turned into a highside as it slipped then gripped and threw the bike about but i stayed on. then I found it had bent my rear wheel to the point where it wouldnt turn in the frame.
    all spokes are still tight so it looks terminal.

any one managed to do the same in the past?

Klunk
    Free Member

poor kitty

trail_rat
    Free Member

imagine the outcome had it been a t5.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Was it a white Audi TT?

brant
    Free Member

Not Boost rear spacing I guess? Or was it :-/

bigyinn
    Free Member

Get their reg number?

iolo
    Free Member

Take the wheel off OP.
    Lay it on the floor.
    Jump up and down on it a few times until straight.
    Put it back on the bike and ride on.
    You’ll be fine then.

Speshpaul

probably need a new rim if its bent that much, maybe spokes too if they have been stretched.
    I’m in Shrewsbury i’ll have a look if you are local- but I’m guessing you are in Yorkshire.

sandwicheater

Time for a new bike, FACT. Should have used your mad skillz and jumped the car and none of this would of happened, you’ve only yourself to blame.

Northwind

It’s not a highside if you didn’t come off. It’s like saying “I went over the bars but stayed on”

Obviously I have nothing constructive or supportive to add, which makes me a bad human being. There there?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Wouldn’t have happened if you had been riding 650b.

mikey3
    Free Member

I,m sorry I slammed on because I saw a sparkly lizard by the roadside,if you send me your bank details I will send you money for the wheels and some snake skin socks.

teddy
    Free Member

thats it, 27.5+ is the way for me, i would have avoided hitting the car just by freewheeling.

nemesis
    Free Member

At least the wheel didn’t explode like most other 29er ones.

iffoverload
    Free Member

with the amazing rollover of a 29er why on earth did you stop?

edlong
    Free Member

Yes, similar, once.

New wheel.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Agreed, shouldn’t a 29er just smooth out a small bump in the trail like a TT?

faustus

And just to be helpful: use the front brake next time, it’s better 😉 Also get ABS fingers if you can…

D0NK

yep, on a 26er too. Little un in a bike seat like this skidded round a corner in local park, rear gripped mid skid and whoops, wonky wheel. Didn’t totally taco it and managed to get it straight-ish with my l33t spoke key skillz but reckon it’s twisted so won’t ever be 100% true. That said… I’m still riding it 3 years on 🙂

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘just taco'd my rear 29er wheel from a highsided skid to avoid an Audi TT’ is closed to new replies.