Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Just surreal!
  • dpfr

So I was out this morning and popped out of a forest road west of the Goyt Valley and met two lads slogging up the hill on shiny bikes- a Pinarello and a Giant.

Me: Hiya
    Them: Is that Ladybower?
    Me: No, Ladybower’s about two hours away by bike over there
    Them: So if we keep going up here we’ll come to Edale?
    Me: No. You’ll reach Macclesfield
    Them: Oh. OK Then. (exit slogging up a steep hill in the wrong direction)

I can’t help feeling an OS map might have helped them. God knows where they’ll end up

lerk
    Free Member

You can’t possibly get lost on an island… 😯

Tess
    Free Member

Call me old fashioned, always pack an OS map, does tend to resolve issues like where Macclesfield, Edale, Ladybower are currently lurking.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Maybe they are from Macclesfield and thought they might as well just head back :-)?

PS I had to look up where the aforementioned places were just now..

whitestone
    Free Member

Years ago in the Lakes:

Walker: Can you show me where we are on this map please?

Me: About here (pointing to a location about two foot off to one side of the map) 🙄

It’s not just having a map, it’s having the right map.

AlexSimon

Don’t they even have phones with a map!?
    Very odd.
    I guess they were probably only 40mins from Edale once you’d turned them around 🙂

dpfr

23 miles and 2000 feet of climb in 40 minutes. Sure thing Froomie! 😉

jimmy

As long as it’s the right OS map of course.

Ambrose

Top of Beacon Hill, Quantocks. Light is fading into a beautiful February sunset. As we get ready for the last run down we are approached by a woman who asks if we could show her where we were on the map. The group of Ramblers that she was leading on a walk had abandoned her apparently.

AlexSimon

dpfr – Member

23 miles and 2000 feet of climb in 40 minutes. Sure thing Froomie!
    15miles, but you’re right, I was thinking of more of the cx route that I take. Downhill all the way to Whaley Bridge around Fernilee, then just 10miles to go!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Once met a coupl who got lost walking round a lake. They asked for directions I said walk forwards always keep the lake on the left. Stop when you are back at your car. They had a map with them to be fair but had got lost once. I have no idea how as that took real effort

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Just surreal!’ is closed to new replies.