Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Just sold my car, so it's riding to work every day from now on
  • NikNak7890
    Free Member

The thieving toerags wanted waaay too much to insure our 2nd car (my wife has to use the main car every day) so we’ve decided to sell it. I probably only use it once a week, so it’s not too great a hardship; but was handy when my legs were feeling leaden after an evening run.

So, from now on it’s riding every day, regardless of the weather, for me from now on.
    (It’s only 15 miles each way).

Same disatnce as my commute, there and back means 10×15=150 miles. (as I am sure you know)

Find I am too knackered for social rides if I do it everyday. Good luck to you.

On the upside a summer of commuting saves enought cash for a new bike 😀

phiiiiil

So when it rains every day for the next two weeks we know who to blame… 🙂

theboatman
    Free Member

I did the same about 12 years ago, I don’t regret it, but some days I have to admit I’d rather stay in bed…..but to be fair I don’t know if that’s just because it’s work! I’ve never had a problem slotting in social rides or the odd race, and having kids a lot of my miles are gained during extended rides home from work. Good luck with it!

nickegg
    Free Member

We too are down to one car but the change isn’t too big a deal as i only bought mine when i took a new job that involved a 100 mile commute everyday, before that we always had one car. The job i started in mid-July now involves a nice 10 mile ride each way and we’ve sold both our cars and bought a van.

The only downside is that i can’t be arsed with week night rides but do take extended routes home when i can be bothered.

kaesae
    Free Member

Good on you mate!

The scumbag insurance company is charging me a fortune for my car, I might sell it as well.

Make sure you buy the right clothes if you don’t already have them.

bassspine
    Free Member

good choice

It’s the last thing the theiv^^^insurance companies expect. they think you’ll bend over with your trousers round your ankles for their shonky product. Selling the car is like kneeing em in the obllocks instead 🙂

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Get a cycle computer to make sure you are just using for sllow commutes and avoid over training.

That way you can ride with your cycle buddies.

And use the commute to recover. Ride like a bat out of hell and you will bugger your legs or over training syndromes.

qwerty
    Free Member

best incentive to commute daily is for it to be your only method of transport – although a plan B (bus, train, taxi, lift share, hitch hike) is always handy if your poorly

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

My old cycle commute was 15 miles (and 1500ft of ascent). I did it 5 days a week ONCE when i had no choice. It was utterly utterly dead at the end of the week. I arrived home on friday and there was no food in the house and had to get back on the bike to go to tescos. OMG, it was horrendous… Don’t think i could do it everyday but admire you for doing so!

NikNak7890
    Free Member

Luckily it’s a relatively flat journey, and a 6am start means I won’t be tempted with too many Commuter races!

My only concern is throwing it down the road on February ice.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Just sold my car, so it's riding to work every day from now on’ is closed to new replies.