Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Just smashed my laptop screen, what do I do?
  • B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Plugged it into the TV with a HMDI for now, but it’s doing my eyes in already, squinting at the TV.
    Apart from buying a new laptop/replacing the screen, what could I do?

Could I do something to make the TV more like a monitor or do I have to go out and buy a monitor? Is it easy to remove the screen bit from the laptop (HP/Compaq Presario CQ)??
    Ta

Drac

I replaced one on my old Toshiba, it was very easy found instructions online and got the screen off ebay.

http://www.screensurgeons.com

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Yeah, nothing is actually physically broken, just the LCD, so I could do that.

pingu66
    Free Member

Not too difficult to replace the screen, I have done it a couple of times for myself and mates. You can pick them up for less than £100

Milkie
    Free Member

Buy a bigger TV 😉

spooky_b329

Change the resolution settings to suit the TV, it can make a big difference.

There are also options in the control panel to bump up the font sizes, and you can increase text size on webpages by holding down the control key and scrolling up/down. (on a touch pad its a bit tricky, but just slide down the side of the trackpad as you would when scrolling.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

As above, buy a new screen and fit it yourself, piece of cake

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Changed the font size to big for now, which is much better. New screen £43, I’ve done a fan replace in the past, so screen should be easy.
    cheers

Mugboo

I managed it after your sister stood on ours…

maccruiskeen
    Riofer
    Free Member

The other half broke ours a few weeks ago. She got a bit upset when she googled prices for screen repairs. Got a replacement from ebay for £40 and found a you tube video with step by step instructions – even I managed it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Just smashed my laptop screen, what do I do?’ is closed to new replies.