Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • just serviced my fox float
  • ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

And it was easier than I thought so that is me and my bike mechanic skills almost sorted. Just a fork service to do now.

ONly hard part was trying to get the air can back on. That bit wasnt as easy as the video.

BUt full strip and rebuild nearly complete. Reason its not complete is I sheared a bolt head and waiting for new ones.

coatesy
    Free Member

Easiest to refit the aircan when the shock’s on the bike, as you can use the suspension leverage to compress it easily.

bigbadbob
    Free Member

I did mine for the first time last year and I was as chuffed as you to finish it and it worked. I have done it a couple of times since and still chuffed. Yes my next thing, like you is a fork seals service, watched a few vids on this, but not yet tired it.

tonyd

Encouraging! I’ve been pondering wether to service some forks or send them off. I’m leaning towards DIY again now….

andysredmini
    Free Member

Did you turn your rebound knob fully on before you compressed the shock before screwing the air can back on? If you didn’t your shock will instantly uncompress making it hard to re thread as your fighting to compress the shock and re thread the air can. With the rebound on fully its really easy as you have plenty of time before the shock uncompresses.

Andy

wilko1999
    Free Member

Is it me or is this thread full of innuendo? Maybe I’m just starved of attention 😀

shortcut

I got someone (PetePoddy of these parts) to show me how to do my Rockshox forks as I was terrified there would be loads of little bits all over the place.

There weren’t, it was easy. Cheers Pete.

I did a full service and wiper replacement a few weeks ago and then a quick muck out and lube on the stanchions a couple of days ago. I will be following the service schedule from now on and riding nice plush forks too.

wilko1999
    Free Member

“A quick muck out and lube on the stanchions” I rest my case 😀

tonyd

shortcut – What parts did you buy/replace? The ones I’m thinking of doing are Revs, I might just get a refresh service kit from TFT but there is also U-Turn service kits etc. I’m not sure if I’d need to do that bit…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘just serviced my fox float’ is closed to new replies.