Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Just seen the new XT stuff for 2012
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

in a brochure at the lbs, my it looks cracking, looks identical to the current 2011 xtr stuff, if not better!

the chainset they are doing in a 2×10 too! which is what im gonna change to…

the xtr current brakes will now be available in xt and slx! it all looks mighty fine and very rejuvinated i must say!

come on merlin get some cheap xt 2012 deals on!

the chainset again i must add is bloody gorgeous, and available in black or silver!

Rickos
    Free Member

Keep up at the back. This was all over a thing called ‘the internet’ a couple of weeks ago.

😀

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

oh righty haha! dohhhhh! sorry 😳

ignore this post then 🙁

wool

Ah so slow! Seen in the flesh and ridden well nice.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

ANyone got a link? 🙂

Mister-P
    Free Member

There will be a groupset on display at the Dalby UCI race this weekend if you want to see it in the flesh.

GW
    Free Member

2×10 chainset does sound good, an alfine/hammerschmidt kinda affair with all the gubbins shoved in that little hollow of the HTII BB axle I presume? 😉

joolsburger
    Free Member

I can’t wait to sell my perfectly functional XT stuff and buy this on account of it being so shiny.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

just seen the pics on bike radar, yep im behind times 🙁

good bump for anyone like me who has’nt seen it yet though

im in love with the 2×10 chainset! cant wait!

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Very tempting, but why only 26-38 for the double chainring? I use a 11-34 cassette and 22-36 double and bash SLX. If I have worked it out correctly, I need a 24t small chainring with an 11-36 cassette to give me the same ratio as 34-22?

And before you give me advice on not needing that low gearing, yes I do. I live in the Scottish highlands and there are many rides locally where I (and all others not of Olympic standard) need to be grinding in 34-22 for 10 mins plus, and rides like Carn Ban Mor, 45 mins

thebunk

Brakes sound like they could be good. Might be this years upgrade, if no-one can make an uppy downy seatpost that isn’t made of cake and kitten fur.

1st ride review of the brakes (WARNING – bikeradar link)

edit – also, will the crankset work with SRAM 2×10?

thomthumb
    Free Member

in ten years time fins on brake pads will be the biopace of today.

carbon337
    Free Member

OW – how did Hope get on with that rear hub?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’ve just been riding 2013 XTR.

Sent from my iPad5

chakaping
    Free Member

And before you give me advice on not needing that low gearing

No, I agree with you entirely.

36/24 would be my choice with 11-36t at rear.

Not going to happen on my bikes for a good while though.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

36/24 would be my choice with 11-36t at rear.

With a 24t granny the other ring could be a 38t to claw back one or two high gears

rustler
    Free Member

[Names of above suspects duly noted in lieu of perfectly good s/h 2011 kit hitting the ads.]

🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

With a 24t granny the other ring could be a 38t to claw back one or two high gears

True, but it’d make big-ring climbing harder.

I’m still thinking in terms of big/middle/granny I suppose – might need to try 2×10 in real life to judge properly.

nixon_fiend
    Free Member

With the exception of the XTR Nazi Chainset, I really don’t like the look of this new shimano stuff at all 😕

At least the m970 & m770 prices will be coming down then!

DezB
    Free Member

I like shiny

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

hmmm… wonder if they’ve sorted the rubbish front mechs that get play in them after little use.

switched to sram some years back and never had the issue. popped some xt on my full susser the other year and lo the mech is rattly after just a few summers riding.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Just seen the new XT stuff for 2012’ is closed to new replies.