• This topic has 53 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by jimw.
Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Just seen an impressive convoy!
  • mrsfry
    Free Member

Why don’t have any boys in my yard.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I got pulled over once by one of these convoys, I mean pulled over to the hard shoulder.
    I’ve no idea who was in the cars but they were blasting down the M11 at at least 120mph. When I questioned why they were travelling so fast near the exit for the M25 I was told it was none of my business and I would be charged for obstruction. So I questioned again why, this time his face went purple but I just shrugged and again asked on what grounds could I be charged??

martinhutch

Why don’t have any boys in my yard.

Dubious milkshake quality.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    onlysteel
    Free Member

Mrs came out of Rose Lane, Oxford (by the Botanic Garden for those that know the city) on her Brompton. Joined a convoy of m/c’s and rollers in the middle and was surprised to see Liz & Phil the Greek looking out at her. Waved over at the bottom of Longwall Street by an irate copper.

Kuco

I’ve seen a similar convoy to one_happy_hippy about 15 years ago down the A45. Pretty impressive, they weren’t going to stop for nothing with police shutting a big busy roundabout off so they could go straight on.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Similar convoy in Oxford back in early 2004-ish. Came from Woodstock Road to Wolvercoate roundabout, outriders stopped traffic to allow black convoy to whizz round before heading off along the A40 Northern Bypass.

Made a nice change to the morning routine.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Why don’t have any boys in my yard

I could teach you, but I’d have to charge

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Thats not a convoy…..

This is a CONVOY….

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd5ZLJWQmss[/video]

mrsfry
    Free Member

I’m getting milkshake

[video]https://youtu.be/23QoNhfK_qg?t=12s[/video]

ctk
    Free Member

Enjoyed seeing a classic / sports car convoy coming the other way on the A470 on sunday.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Once saw a Convoy of various police motor cycles and cars followed by several Military trucks then a couple of very armored looking military trucks trailed by a couple of fire / rescue vehicles and a couple of ambulances followed by more military trucks and finished off with yet more police. Must have been minimum of 20 vehicles.

Always wondered what they were transporting that required military and all three emergency services. Radioactive materials / nukes perhaps?

Saw the same on the A1M last year. Turned out it was this…

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defence_Nuclear_Material_Transport_Operations

Quite sinister when you think about it.

Sui
    Free Member

Puny convoy I was in this bugger ( sorry dailyfail content) the speed was somewhat polar opposite of the nuke convoys.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1051708/Convoy-hell-3-000-British-troops-deliver-devastating-blow-Taliban-day-battle.html

CountZero

Seen one of them there whirlyplaneamajigs over our house last week, wondered what it was all about.

US Marines use them in the States, there are two stationed over here for the use of US Special Forces, for rapid deployment into Europe; at a top speed of 350 kts, they’re faster than a hekilopter, carry 24 troops, and have a max ceiling of 24,000′, so out of the range of ground fire.
    British Special Forces were working with the yanks on Salisbury Plain several weeks ago on exercises with the Osprey, then it was reported that the SAS would be getting them to replace their Chinooks.
    They were cruising around Chippenham at the time, but I didn’t get to see them, sadly; I think they’re amazing planes.

jimw
    Free Member

I have seen a couple of those Osprey’s at the southern end of the Malverns, heading west, wonder where they were off to? 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Just seen an impressive convoy!’ is closed to new replies.