Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Just seen a world champion riding past my house… I think.
  • trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Can anyone confirm if it was World and Paralympic champion Jody Cundy riding past my house in Lancashire just now, or am I seeing things again !

Full Great Britain kit and Pinarello, at first I though, “oh dear mate, you are trying too hard”, and then I realised he had actually earnt his kit 😳

http://www.jodycundy.com/news/

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/disability/article/dis20110613-Blog–Jody-Cundy-0

Didn’t get a good look because of the helmet, sunnies, and the fact he was frickin shifting !! Anyone ?

theflatboy
    Free Member

I would have thought it would be a bit of a coincidence if it was someone in full kit with the same… distinguishing feature as Mr Cundy, no?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Yeah, but what’s he done on Strava?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Yeah didnt the obvious false leg give it away ?

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Well, that’s what I’m thinking, I just wondered if there was anyone here ” in the know “. I bet there is, lurking in the background. 😆

wwaswas

According to twitter he lives in Manchester and he just tweeted;

“Went past that trailofdestructions gaff. He wasn’t expecting that”

So it could have been him.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Arf ! Bloody roadies as far as the eye can see round ere. 😉

ourmaninthenorth

Watched him training at the track before a SQT once. Even his “easy” efforts were monstrously fast!

I sometimes see a skinny bloke near me in full Sky kit. What’s he done to earn that, eh?

theflatboy
    Free Member

ourmaninthenorth – Member

I sometimes see a skinny bloke near me in full Sky kit. What’s he done to earn that, eh?

that could be Bradley Wiggins. 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

we have all seen Brad out at some point [ I dropped him once after waving to him with my kids]
    of course we were in a car.
    he did not even wave or twitter about it
    My kids then asked if it was Quenn Victoria [ pendleton]
    Would love to see his speed up Parbold hill

theflatboy
    Free Member

My sis does a lot of PR work involving meeting Queen Vic, amongst many other sports persons. She says she’s got a screw loose, as we all suspect. 😆

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Watched him training at the track before a SQT once. Even his “easy” efforts were monstrously fast!

Yes, well, as I only really saw him from the back for about 3 seconds, I thought, very briefly, about getting on my bike and giving chase to see if I could better identify him.

It then dawned on me, the obvious irony of getting my arse kicked by a one legged man.

ourmaninthenorth

Would love to see his speed up Parbold hill

A couple of weeks quicker than me….

She says she’s got a screw loose, as we all suspect.

I think it’s more to do with my stalker mate, who lives on the same street as her in a Cheshire town.

rootes1

saw a guy cycling near waterloo station with two false legs.. getting good speed!

rOcKeTdOg

Why is he wearing surgical gloves?

rOcKeTdOg

Why is he wearing surgical gloves?

dawson

@RD he’s not deaf as well is he? 😉

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Quite possibly, depending on where in Lancs you live. I saw him and Mark Colbourne yesterday whilst I was out riding with a friend (who also happens to be in the GB Para Squad and is also a World Champ)

There’s only one other guy on GB who has a similar leg to Jody, although Jodys has WC stripes on it.

crazy-legs

There’s only one other guy on GB who has a similar leg to Jody, although Jodys has WC stripes on it.

Terry Byrne. He comes along occasionally to some of the local crit races, him and Jon-Allan Butterworth, another Paralympic cyclist who’s missing his left arm (blown off in a rocket attack in Irag).

Both really nice guys. Jon can thrash most of the club cyclists at these local crits in a sprint.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

It was Jon I was riding with. He’s a quick lad.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Just seen a world champion riding past my house… I think.’ is closed to new replies.