Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • just saw one of these (supercar content).
  • racefaceec90

not my pic i hasten to add

and bloody nice it looks too in the flesh.

you certainly don’t see these parked down a side street where i live usually,so i did a double take (i have been driving a virtual version of it quite a lot in the crew).

bloody rich folk eh 😉

perchypanther
    Free Member

Probably belongs to a Graphic Designer.

with a beard.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Quite common in Canary Wharf those things 🙄

My mate had the 1st generation one, blinking fast, rarely got out of 3rd, never took it out of Town, sold it 9mths later for a profit 😆

IdleJon

rarely got out of 3rd, sold it 9mths later for a profit

I’d wonder about the condition of the car if it hadn’t been used properly. Wouldn’t buy a Polo if the gearbox hadn’t been used fully in 9 months. 😉

somouk
    Free Member

I’d wonder about the condition of the car if it hadn’t been used properly. Wouldn’t buy a Polo if the gearbox hadn’t been used fully in 9 months.

Would you also shy away from it if it had been on a track and used its full potential?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

“flesh”, eh?

the-muffin-man

There’s a black one knocking around Matlock – it’s often parked in Sainburys car park.

pictonroad

Someone in Hove has one AND a Ferrari 458 on the drive. Both black.

Looks lovely.

MrOvershoot

There is one exactly the same a that goes through the Birkenhead tunnel at the same time as me in the morning, sounds lovely in the tunnel 😀

ski
    Free Member

Last month I cycle past one of those Enzo Ferrari stuck in traffic in Worcester!

I have no idea how many they made, but I guess not many.

What amazed me was how low the thing looked.

peteimpreza

What make and model is it?

Northwind

Not really a supercar person but I kind of drooled a bit when I saw one of those over in Glasgow- beautifully done, it doesn’t have a bad side.

Like a modern MR2 W20 😉

racefaceec90

it’s a mclaren mp4-12c.

my virtual one is far superior to it though (as mine is in tiger stripes and does 250mph 🙂

IdleJon

Would you also shy away from it if it had been on a track and used its full potential?

Ragged around a track by some overgrown boy-racer? God yes I’d stay away from it. 😆 (Was a joke btw, hence the winkysmiley. 😉 )

IdleJon

We seem to be getting quite a few expensive cars turning up here in Swansea in the last few years. Helps that the Swans are doing well, I’d guess?

A totally black Lambo Murcielago howled past me (over the 50mph limit) last week. (Personal plate seemed to indicate the owner was Leon? Or maybe owned a Seat?) There’s normally a Ferrari California parked nearby. Best of all a Ferrari F40 (reg something like F40GT??) drove past a few months ago.

Otherwise, where I live is very scruffy.

bikebouy
    Free Member

me mate

is loaded, to be fair it was his only car and he bough it becuase is new wife liked the look of it.

me mate

‘s Austrian, loves ski’ing and has a pad near Innsbruck too, you know how he gets there?

In his plane.

He really is a nice Guy apart from his flashyness. 😆

Also, the car sat in an underground carpark, washed once a week by the in-house attendants and started up and ran for about an hour per week too. Only when

me mate

came back from being away working would he get the itch to drive it up Old Street into Clerkenwell and back… Oh, yes.. that far 🙄

He’s first to admit it was a waste of money, had he not sold it for a few grand more than he paid for it he’da just rolled his eyes.

He hasn’t got a car ATM.. but working in Moscow he says he doesn’t need one… I get the impression he’s chauffeured around (but he’s never admitted it)

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve found the quote button

😆

tonyg2003

I see them pretty often although in fairness that’s because our road rides often go via Woking.

The P1 (especially at night from the rear) looks something else.

fionap

Someone in Hove has one AND a Ferrari 458 on the drive. Both black.

Woodland Drive or thereabouts? Seems to be a rule that people along there can only have sets of fancy cars on their drives, always in black.

wwaswas

If it’s the one with the personalised plates on Woodland Drive he owns the car wash at Hove station.

They must do a lot of washes…

allan23
    Free Member

Looks shit, can’t get a bike in the boot 🙁

Cougar

I was followed by this yesterday (same colour, even).

Not the sort of thing you normally find bimbling round Accrington town centre.

tomhoward

Driving north up the A1 a couple of weeks ago (returning from an awesome session with Jedi, as it happens) and we were in traffic as the southbound lane hade been closed as some lorries had had a bit of a cuddle and set fire to each other, so the road surface had to be redone around Grantham. So apart from the odd car that got on at junctions after the incident, the carriageway was empty. Until a Mclaren (didn’t see it for long enough to register the model, probably a 12c or 650, but could have been a P1) screamed past at what must’ve been well north of a ton.

Supercar
    No traffic cops as they are dealing with a huge mess behind
    An empty 3 lane stretch of A1
    Frankly, i reckon the only way the drivers day could have got any better would be if they were getting head at the same time. I can neither confirm nor deny if this occurred.

peterfile
    Free Member

Last month I cycle past one of those Enzo Ferrari stuck in traffic in Worcester!

I have no idea how many they made, but I guess not many.

What amazed me was how low the thing looked.

Only 400. I was paid(!) to go for quite a few drives in one!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Love those McClarens if not the colour of most of them. Saw two in one day on my commute once, fairly regular sight around Chelsea and Belgravia 😯

As per @bikebouy’s post if you buy the right super cars you’ll make good profit selling them on.

People tend to get chauffeured around in Moscow for safety reasons

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve driven a 12c and it was **** awesome. Real ‘holy shit’ acceleration. One day…

brakes
    Free Member

mmmm, McLarens always look a bit dated to me. they need to marry their performance with some more futuristic styling.

wrightyson
    Free Member

See one regular round ambergate.

markgraylish
    Free Member

If we’re playing supercar top trumps, I win….last summer I happened to be driving somewhere just north of Sun Valley in Idaho when a convoy of six Bugatti Veyrons went past in the opposite direction.

cheekyget
    Free Member

I got th best car garage in England about 2 miles up the road from me….
    Romans International………it’s got them all…….cars under 200k are outside on the forecourt….the ones inside are something else

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘just saw one of these (supercar content).’ is closed to new replies.