Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Just ridden Kilvey Hill fir the first time . . .
  • Carpediem
    Free Member

. . .and the last time.Crap crap crap.Spent most of it dodging kids on quad bikes and getting the evil eye of hairy knuckle dragging locals.

crazy-legs

There used to be a round of the Welsh XC Series held there although I never actually raced that one.
    One year some kids diverted the course so it ran down a steep hill into a dead end clearing where they then jumped out, mugged the riders for their bike and legged into the woods! 😯

confuzzed
    Free Member

Don't let the locals put you off Carpe diem. They're not all like that. The hill is used by walkers, horses, runners, XC and DH mountain bikers, as well as locals on scramblers quads etc. but from my experience, and I ride there regularly, there are very few problem interactions.

As a hill in the middle of a city, offering a variety of technical XC and DH lines I think it can't be beaten.

As Carzy Legs says though, we did hold a number of races up there and had a few problems with kids redirecting the course when the marshalls weren't looking. No muggings as far as I know though. Locals did steal a quad from the MTB Tour of Britain, and were tracked with the local police helicopter I think.

If you want some company for a ride, or to be shown the best trails, let me know.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Carpediem
    Free Member

Cheers Dude.The DH's were out of my comfort zone, but I'd be interested in the XC.

spev

Theres a few singletracky descents up there, as for the quad bikes they usually keep to the fireroads so should stay out of your way. The DH is'nt that bad if you take your time and it can be good fun.
    We are discussing starting a club to manage the hill (at the request of the FC)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Just ridden Kilvey Hill fir the first time . . .’ is closed to new replies.