Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Just remembered how we used to rate new trainers at school
  • Tiger6791

Sprint as fast as you can for about 10 yards, skid stop, turn 180dgrees and run back.!

"Show 'es ye grips!"

"Has it got good grips, can you turn fast?"

My Hi-Tecs off the Market with idiot proof velcro were never as good as the posh kids.

NB: There is no point or use to this post.

MSP

Yeh but at the end of the day the posh kids would have some cheap nasty trainers with velcro fasteners and a black eye, and I would be showing the girls my new adidas samba.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah, but now they wear posh suits and tell you what to do, and because they were bullied, treat you like shit.

I'm right though, aren't I?

binners

Oh how frightfully twentieth century

I refer you peasants to the copy I received yesterday for the 'Back to School' section of a certain posh Cheshire publication I'm presently designing:

"Shoes are by Christian Louboutin of course! Not quite the type of shoe you’d play footie in, but these numbers are sure to earn you some points in the playground. Finally the boys get a chance to wear Christian Louboutin footwear with these fabulous sneakers – they even have that covetable red sole!
    Christian Louboutin for men, from £395"

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ha! Binners calling us peasants! 😆

You hang around with Hora.

I don't need to say any more.

Keva
    Free Member

we used to rate our flared jeans by how well they covered our trainers.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Did new trainers get 'christened' at your schools?

A ritual in which everyone stamped on the feet of the kid in sparkling new trainers…. those Louboutins will contain some bloody pulp formally known as feet by the end of day 1.

Tiger6791

Did new trainers get 'christened' at your schools?

Yep, too white was ghey

binners

If you turned up at the school I went too in Christian Louboutin's you'd never even make it to registration alive!!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

hora's already got cowboy boots FFS. How long before he posts about whether he should go for white or black…

(hora's) Louboutin trainers:

coffeeking
    Free Member

I don't remember rating clothes. How quaint of you all.

carbon337
    Free Member

I once had a kid try to take my Reebok pumps from me in a park in Morpeth with a pen knife. To this day he still hasnt stabbed me. I just said no and walked away – his mates nearly fell into river laughing at him.

MSP

Elfinsafety – Member

Yeah, but now they wear posh suits and tell you what to do, and because they were bullied, treat you like shit.

I'm right though, aren't I?

Your mixing up the swats and the posh kids, the swats are now indeed exacting revenge for being bullied at school, while the posh kids have failed in life when they had to stand on their own 2 feet (see what I did there)without mummy and daddy to support them.

thegreatape
    Free Member

The brand was still important at my school, but not as important as remembering to never actually tie your laces, that was sure to get you beaten up.

Live

Die

carbon337
    Free Member

Brand was quite important at my school, being a bit of a posh kid I managed to get new ones for birthdays etc so didnt get bullied.

British Knights – remember them, they kicked it all off as far as I remember – they did a range of white and black shell suits that also caught on.

There was a vicors kid at my school and his mam made some decks into Rebok pumps by sticking a white cirle of paper on the tounge and writing pump on them. Poor kid never stood a chance. Wonder what ever happened to him – may facebook him.

binners

Unless your feet looked something like this

You were a dead man*

*The one exception to this was the big hard smellies in DM's

bruneep

I had woolies 4 strip trainers 😳 I picked off a stripe to make them "sambas" 😉

ourmaninthenorth

Trainers. Worn to school. How quaint.

🙂

Cougar

Anyone else gone through this thread going "younger than me… older than me… same age as me…"?

Edric64
    Free Member

British Knights – remember them, they kicked it all off as far as I remember – they did a range of white and black shell suits that also caught on.

All the rage on council estates I seem to remember

Edric64
    Free Member

My parents were to tight to let me be a 70s fashion victim ,so no Oxford bags or adidas holdall for me ,just boring school trousers and a woolworths sports bag

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Trainers at school?

Jeebus…my secondary school was nazi in it's enforcement on uniform.

Black shoes (only…not grey, not brown, not nothing…just black).
    Grey or navy socks. Brown etc. got you sent home to change them. White got you detention.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

What cool kids wore in 1975

BluePalomino
    Free Member

Anyone else gone through this thread going "younger than me… older than me… same age as me…"?

Yep. too true 🙂

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I'll try that again

timdrayton
    Free Member

Brittish knights!

I remember my black an brown suede air maxs (leather tag left on of course)

I took them into school, a guy called ian poked them with a pencil, pop tssssssss

More like air min after that….

retro83
    Free Member

not allowed trainers at my school,

instead, these badboys were the thing to have:

Kickers, they had one red sole, one green. Cool as **** at the time.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

mcmoonter, they're Roms aren't they? Jesus, when I got my first pair, I truly arrived! 🙂

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Growing up in teh Highlands, it was normal to wear wellies to school.

Trainers were for poofs and incomers.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Trainers to school? Broken Britain!

Doc Martens.

Guybrush
    Free Member

My life in essential shoes:
    Clarks Hardware.
    Docs.
    Kickers
    Ellesse
    Cat
    Rockport

duntmatter
    Free Member

😳

retro83
    Free Member

forgot about these:

CaptJon
    Free Member

I remember we used to count the number of vent holes in trainers. The more you had, the argument went, the sportier they were and the sportier they were the better.

At high school Kickers were for the sheep, Fila was for the cool kids.

slimtubing
    Free Member

Hi-tec Tecs for the last 2 years for me. Prior to that it was 3 years of Hi-tec Giants.

MSP

I take it all the cool kids now wear these.

I certainly do 8)

greyman
    Free Member

adidas rom or samba, puma top fit or all-round depending on your black/white requirements …

and chuck taylors, as convers seemed to be called back then iirc

but for school ? christ no, we had to wear peaked caps until we cleared 2nd year ffs !…

BobaFatt
    Free Member

christ, British Knights and Troops were all the rage when i was at school, i remember my mum came home from Glasgow with some BK's she got in the sale at the height of their fashion

The local posh kid with the rich dad (who incidentally was always seen up the town trying to shag 18 year old girls while sweat dripped from his bald head) went on for an hour about how "there was no way I paid full price for them"…….he shut up only after I told him i'd stick one up his arse to see if he could tell how much they cost

that was the last time i tried to be fashionable

fisha
    Free Member

duntmatter – yeah SPX, i couldn't remember the name till then.

I had hi-tex silver shadows. But at that time, I wanted reebok pumps.

BontyBuns
    Free Member

I had too many girlfriends to be worried about trainers. Shame it did'nt continue really. Now i'm single and well into trainers.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Just remembered how we used to rate new trainers at school’ is closed to new replies.