Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Just poured wine all over my laptop, now what?
  • Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Quite a big splosh all over the keyboard and speaker holes.

I've turned it off, obviously. Anything else I should do, or just let it dry out and hope for the best?

uplink
    Free Member

Take the battery off it & leave it somewhere warm for a few days

oldgit
    Free Member

Open another bottle.

Rockdodger
    Free Member

Get yourself another glass with a handle.

XXX
    Free Member

I washed a camera a couple of month back put it in a dry spot, 2 weeks later didn't work 6 weeks later it did!

bigsi
    Free Member

Put it in a box surrounded with rice to draw the moisture out.

No honestly it really does work, also a good way of sorting lights out if you drop it in the washing up bowl in the middle of the night 😳

Marmoset
    Free Member

Call your insurance company???

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

take out the battery, fill a plastic bag with rice, put laptop into said bag, tie up and place in a warm place for two days. dont be tempted to turn it on in that time… time is your friend!

dr_death
    Free Member

Suck it?

khani
    Free Member

hold it over a bowl for 10mins
    drink wine from bowl
    bin laptop
    drink more wine
    s'all good init
    more wine
    woslaptop
    wine
    tekyallonbastids
    wine
    luvyoooo
    wine
    zzzzzzzzz

MrNutt
    Free Member

stick an umbrella in the cd tray and invite your friends around?

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Cheese in the dvd drive? Goes nicely with a drop of red, so I hear.

allthegear
    Free Member

I soaked my brand new laptop in Lemsip few weeks ago. Good news is M&S replaced it, no bother.

avdave2

Pour out what you can back into your glass. If it's white you may need to put it back in the fridge for a while.

grievoustim
    Free Member

if it was white wine, pour a glass of red over it

if red – pour over white

it'll be like it never happened after that

Flaperon

Keep the battery out and pour de-ionised water through it. Wine is acidic, you don't want it staying inside. Most laptops have drainage channels inside to help protect sensitive components anyway.

Pack it in a sealed container with either rice (good) or packets of silica gel (better). Leave it in a warm place for several days. If you're fairly capable with computers, take out the hard disk and place it in a separate container to dry, and remove any easily accessible covers (memory etc) to improve airflow through it.

I once spilled tea all over my Macbook, it was fine afterwards except the keyboard was backlit in brown instead of white. Fortunately, Apple had to replace it for a completely unrelated reason so I got away with it. 🙂

grahamh
    Free Member

Well, if you remember the 80’s film ‘Electric Dreams’ your laptop will now develop a personality and try and take over your life. 😀

SonicTheHedgehog
    Free Member

Khani…..

Lol. Pure Class.

More please

Dorset Knob OP: Must try harder not to waste highly taxed luxury items. Hope the computer is ok

Taff
    Free Member

Was it red? If so pour white wine over it

spooky_b329

Leave the lid open 180 degrees and face down, so any liquid can drip back out of the keyboard.

I spilt tea over my Dell laptop, keyboard never fully recovered with some keys not working, some sticking etc. Found a new replacement keyboard on ebay for about £20, just had to prise off a panel under the screen, two screws, unplug keyboard and put it all back together. 10 minutes tops.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Just poured wine all over my laptop, now what?’ is closed to new replies.