Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Just picked this up from the powder coaters
  • Tracey

Picked the frame up on ebay, last Friday. Dropped it of on Wednesday to be stripped and coated. Katie changed here mind on baby blue and picked turquoise candy instead. Tonights job is stripping the old bike

The finish is first class and the colour is stunning, £45 for the job

Katie would like you opinion on colour choice

Tracey

Riofer
    Free Member

Tracey – who do you use for the powdercoating? Your somewhere in/nearr South Yorkshire aren't you?

stumpy01

Ooooooh. Nice. Yeah, can you give us the details of who did this? What colour range do you have to choose from?

I might be tempted to get this done to my Stumpjumper once i finally get round to getting a new bike. The paint/decals are looking decidedly knackered after 8-odd yrs.

njee20
    Free Member

I like that! It's actually very similar to the 2002 Enduro Comp, a bit lighter:

GW
    Free Member

tell Katie other peoples opinions are unimportant.

looks pretty nice tho IMO 😉

can't realy tell from your pic but I hope they masked the HT/threads/bearing seats etc?

Tracey

A firm in Castleford, LSN Coatings, 01977604461. Its about 20 mins from us but well worth the drive. They also did Abigales pink Reign last year

Vast amount of colours and finishes.

Every thing that needed masking was done by them

Tracey

aphex_2k
    Free Member

njee20…

a bit lighter? it's whole heaps different!

firestarter
    Free Member

oh a place in cas vagas i keep meaning to entrust my turner to someone lol might be worth a trip out. that colour looks lovely

ourmaninthenorth

That looks ace. Good choice of colour.

Castleford isn't *that* far from Manchester…. 😀 (that Soul of mine is deffo getting done after Christmas)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nice colour. I had a BMW motorcycle in a similar colour that rather divided opinion 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

a bit lighter? it's whole heaps different!

I did think that after I linked to it, the actual colour was far lighter than that photo appears!

MrAgreeable

That looks freaking awesome, but maybe a bit Quality Street. 😉

racing_ralph
    Free Member

That is sooooo nice!

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

I wish they could have done my forks. They said they couldn't do magnesium. That looks so smooth it's like liquid.

GW
    Free Member

forks aren't magnesium

racing_ralph
    Free Member

lowers are

mamadirt
    Free Member

Wow – looks great 8) Reckon brown/tan seat/grips would finish that off a treat. Look forward to seeing the build pics.

Tracey

Just stripped down the Coiler Primo for some of the parts to build it up then the Primo frame will be up for sale, been let down on delivery of the forks so it will have to wait till next week for them

Tracey

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

Lush, it looks anodised.

Captain_Crash
    Free Member

Tracey.

That looks REALLY GOOD ! 😀

Is that a "candy-apple" finish ?.

CC.

Captain_Crash
    Free Member

Doh !.

I've just spotted its a Spesch.

Oooo. Friend of mine has an 04 enduro. Its ssoooooo sweet.

Great bike.

I've an 05 SJ FSR myself.

The paint on yours looks like a really clear, smooth lacquer finish.

Just what I plan to have on my next build.

🙂

CC.

Tracey

Yes its a candy finish. Good thing about it is that it came with a brand new DHX5 air shock. The guy had sold the forks with the crown race attached so when we picked it up he threw in bars, stem, seat post, saddle and hope quick release. Also came with XT front mech and XT chain rings and cranks.

Tracey

kiwijohn

I think a bit of purple ano would look good on that. Go on, you know you want to.

retro83
    Free Member

I think a bit of purple ano would look good on that. Go on, you know you want to.

That would look swish! Do it!

tails
    Free Member

not really my cuppa tea, how ya building her up. Have you seen the latest spesh enduro?

robhughes
    Free Member

please sell me it i,ll give you a million dollars.
    that looks as was said,like it,s fluid.saved all the info for next build.

sohala
    Free Member

ooh, wish i'd seen this post earlier.
    just dropped my ss frame into bob jackson for paint. £75 and between 3 + 4 weeks to get done!
    cas vegas is only 10 mins from me!

AndyPaice
    Free Member

nice colour, you going to get some decals made up for it?

I'd be interested to know how easily you get the bearings back in to the rear triangle as it looks as if the bearing seats have been coated. When i re built mine with new bearings it was a very tight fit with bare metal on the bearing seats. The paint adds thickness and may make it difficult to get the bearings back in.

Tracey

Yes will be getting decals for it. The photos were taken before the tape was taken out of the bearing seats. The tape has now been removed and is as it was before been coated. The guy who did it masked every thing that was required

Tracey

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Ooooh that's an amazing finish.

Really gorgeous!

matt_outandabout

oooh, pics when finished please..

AndyPaice
    Free Member

sound like they've done a proper job then, pretty good for that money

Coyote
    Free Member

£45!!! Bargain and what a fantastic job. Looking forward to seeing it built up.

Spongebob
    Free Member

That looks absolutely excellent Tracey!

I had a frame powdercoated in plain white last year. I couldn't find anyone to strip the frame (they all shyed away from aluminium even though I told them it was 6061 treated). The good news was that the refinish only cost me £25. I'd have gladly paid the extra for the stripping and preparation though!

I have another bike to be done, but have put it off because I can't face the hours and hours of fiddly stripping. Do you have the name of the bloke who did the stripping?

Tracey

The guy that did the powdercoating stripped it and masked it up

A firm in Castleford, LSN Coatings, 01977604461

Tracey

Tracey

Bike is been built up, new parts will only be headset, seat clamp and some 140mm Revs once they are delivered. Was going to use original wheels but took our nephew to buy a bike today and the out come is that we have a set of DT5.1 on Magura freeride hubs [DT swiss 440 hubs re badged] hanging in the garage.
    Should we let Katie have them or should we sell them. It your vote as she is realy squirming at the moment to get them.

Tracey

nickc

New wheels for a new bike, it's the law…

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

am i the only one who thinks the colour is gopping!? 😯

sorry!

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Just picked this up from the powder coaters’ is closed to new replies.