Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Just passed my driving test!!
  • PlumzRichard
    Free Member

4TH time lucky
    WOOOP WOOOOP !!!

Driller
    Free Member

Don't tell people on here, all you'll get is grief.

Well done by the way.

tails
    Free Member

Congrats! i still gotta tick that box and i'm 26.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stumpy01

Excellent! Well done. Go and treat yourself to a beer. Just don't drive afterwards!!
    4th time lucky! That must have been getting expensive?

therealhoops
    Free Member

on hearing Plumzy's news did anyone else think that tonights ride home should mainly be on the pavement?

edit: well done, what did you fail on before?

Milkie
    Free Member

Get out on the motorway in really bad rain! Preferably with someone who has been driving for awhile so can give you pointers & re-assurance.

I have a few friends that will not drive in the rain. Oh and I have another friend that will not drive when its dark!

Do skid pan too, may help you if you ever find yourself skidding towards something.

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

say what you want im too happy !
    Iv failed on :
    Not applying hand brake at stop sign.
    Wrong lane at roundabout
    Pulling out in front of huge bus ! (ok i can understand that one)

im still a dedicated commuter thought !

yesiamtom
    Free Member

i second what milkie has said.

DO A SKID PAN ASAP.

Its the most useful one hour lesson ive ever had. Also doubled as being a hell of a laugh, getting to slid a bmw 316 round a car park and actually be encouraged to do so. 😀

yesiamtom
    Free Member

oh and congratulations of course 😉

TheBrick
    Free Member

well done, I'd recommend a skid pan & pass plus course for the night tiem / motorway driving too. I've got my HGV class C but still find myself learning about the best way to drive. I've yet to do the skid pan thing though but only hear good things.

Jamie
    Free Member

tails – Member
    Congrats! i still gotta tick that box and i'm 26.

Would not worry about it. I didn't bother till i was 30.

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

i have been trying for almost 2 years ! so is 4th test success the worst one here ?

finbar
    Free Member

*cough* i passed fifth time *cough*

ski
    Free Member

Does it still feel strange not having anyone sat next to you on the left?

Well done btw

Andy_K

Bike Van!!!!

Jamie
    Free Member

2nd for me. I know this is akin to everyone in jail saying they are innocent, but I really was robbed on the first attempt. Still pisses me off.

If you're reading this Pete the driving instructor….go **** yourself! 😈

will
    Free Member

Well done mate! Still one of the best days ever passing my test!

I'd have a look at Pass Plus. Covers motorways and other such extreme stuff, also reduces your insurance.

therealhoops
    Free Member

hey and now you can watch Top Gear without feeling like a fraud 🙂

roper
    Free Member

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!
    Now it all begins so take your time and enjoy the freedom.

chrissyboy
    Free Member

Well done – definatly one of the more useful exams to pass. Of course, I passed 1st time myself…. Oddly enough it's not a genetic thing as my little brother (er, 39 next week) has yet to try to learn…

Skid pan is the most fun way to spend £100. Also worth a look is Vauxhall's VXR track day programme if they run it again next year, and if it's at a ractrack near you. They let you loose in a VXR of your choice (Corsa, Astra, Insignia, mental VXR8(??)) with a trained driver next to you and tell you how to get around a track. £100ish for 1/2 a day including lunch. You might not be the next Stig, but you'll learn loads about car control.

Enjoy!

spooky_b329

If you go for a skid pan, see if you can get one where they put the car on the frame with castors. My skid pan was basically a coned track on concrete and they sprayed some slippery stuff on it, so although it was fun, it was predictable. The useful part of it was not how to hold a powerslide for as long as possible, but when doing an emergency stop, I was told to forget about all the cadence braking malarky, just stamp on the brake as most would do in an unexpected emergency situation, then off the brake, swerve round the obstacle, get back on course to avoid oncoming traffic and then back on the brakes.

The framed castor things are much more advanced as the instructor can create a realistic skid at any point so you learn to correct it, rather than driving round a track playing.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Just passed my driving test!!’ is closed to new replies.