Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Just made a meal using those Tesco Bedfordshire Super Naga chillis
  • TheFlyingOx

That is all.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Your arse will be doing that in the morning. 😛

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Tesco are selling Nagas?

Ho Lee Fuk! That’s not going to end well!

anotherbike
    Free Member

My God, this forum is going downhill…

chvck
    Free Member

I love cooking with naga chillies! Properly evil.

Your arse will be doing that in the morning.

I read something interesting recently that stated that if you eat water based foods with chillies then that isn’t an issue/significantly less compared to oil based. Oil can carry the molecules that make the chillies hot whereas water cannot. As the oil then has these molecules and most peoples stomachs dont deal well with oil your body tries to rid itself of all the oil at once. This oil has said molecules in so burns on the way out!

Dunno how accurate it is but certainly interesting.

I have also eaten a naga whole…it hurt!

TheFlyingOx

My God, this forum is going downhill…

Sorry, wrong forum.

I’m glad to have pissed on your Friday night chips though, so 😛

haydenw
    Free Member

Get the toilet roll in the fridge for the morning!

Mantastic
    Free Member

I eat naga curry at the local curry house, very hot but actually tasty. No issues next day, normally a pleasurable experience

jedi

i eat naga cchillies 5 times a week . love the flvour

yunki
    Free Member

I don’t really eat a lot of chilli these days as Mrs Yunki literally turns red and breaks out in a sweat if there’s one too many twists of black pepper..

In the good old days of flat sharing with mates though, we always had a big bag of birds eye chillis which were used in anything and everything as a seasoning like salt and pepper..
    I lived with a Belizian woman and her Egyptian boyfriend for a while, and used to despair at how quickly a weeks supply of birds eyes would mysteriously dwindle.. til I noticed that they sat in front of the TV in the evenings munching them like peanuts..

Mantastic
    Free Member

How is the hoop this morning?

allthepies
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It7107ELQvY[/video]

kimbers

bought some of these guys chilli sausages last week http://www.gigglypig.co.uk/

friday night bangers n mash turned out to be an interesting experience

maccruiskeen

In my student days I used to share a tall 4 story victorian town house with 5 other guys. The morning after a party I woke up long before everyone else, got bored and decided, after a trip out to the asian grocers, cook myself salt and pepper fish for breakfast.

Lit gas
    wok on gas
    add oil
    realise I’d forgotten to chop the chillis

chop chillis – in my mind I believe i’ve done this very quickly – seemingly not

chuck chopped chillis into now super smoking hot oil

watch neat column of chili smoke immediately erupt from wok

run around trying to find a teatowel to get the near red hot handleless wok of the heat

done, a foot thick blanket of smoke is wafting around the ceiling, but otherwise disaster averted

breath – a tiny bit of chilli smoke catches the back of my throat and I cough and cough cough and cough cough and cough until I’m breathless. Involunarily take in a huge gulp of air and coat my lungs in chilli fume. cough and coughcough and coughcough and coughcough and coughcough and cough. Breathe and Repeat.

Eyes streaming, and worrying that I’m going to disturb the still sleeping household with my spluttering I open the kitchen window to let the smoke out. But instead the window draws air in and the smoke goes up the stairs like a chimney. Slowly, one floor and one bedroom at a time my deep-sleeping pissed housemates, their girlfriends and about a dozen party casualties tucked in boxrooms and bedroom floors are gently roused from their slumber

loum
    Free Member

😆

takisawa2

Ace story maccruiskeen. 🙂

At our local market there is a lady who makes chutney & stuff. I was asking what was the spiciest one & she said she would bring me some that was an experiment, but she was afraid to sell. Needless to say, it was insanely hot but by god it livened up a cheese sarnie.

If you want a nice treat for Xmas, prep some pickling onions & pop in a chilli. Come Xmas they taste amazing.

CountZero

Superb story, maccruiskeen, that’s really made me laugh out loud! 😆

maccruiskeen

Somewhere on one of the ‘It’ll be alright on the nights’ theres a blooper of Nick Nairn cooking beef fillet and accidently putting chilli oil rather than olive oil into the hot skillet and gassing the whole film crew.

I grow chillis at home, although not especially heavily weaponised ones, and often stick one in with my eggs for breakfast, haven’t learned yet not to rub my eyes whilst yawning in the traffic jam later

Drac

Done that too Maccruiskeen chucked chopped chillies into red hot oil and I instantly became incapacitated for about 30 seconds, hypersalvation, watering eyes and burning lungs. It was intense and a mistake I’ve only ever made once.

yunki
    Free Member

haven’t learned yet not to rub my eyes whilst yawning in the traffic jam later

Doesn’t that guy with the username ‘Messiah’ do something fascinating with chillis..? Or was that nettles…?

TheFlyingOx

Well, two days after the event and I think I’m back to normal.
    There weren’t any real exceedingly bad moments in the bathroom department, just lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of slightly bad moments coupled with a feeling of carrying round hot coals in my bowels for most of the day.

All in all, I liked it.

P.S. 90p for 3 chillis.

rkk01
    Free Member

Holy Smoke

No

HOLEY SMOKE

Those things are HOT

Made a chilli last night – as is normal, was banned by the rest of the family from putting the chillis directly into the mix. Normally make a separate chilli sauce, using the chopped chillis, some tomato puree, the bean tin juice and some lime juice.

So, last night was Super Naga Sauce – have a jam jar full. Might take a while to use

Super hot, but very nice though 😈

mrjmt
    Free Member

haven’t learned yet not to rub my eyes whilst yawning in the traffic jam later

top tip – use swarfega to wash your hands after handling chillis. 8)

grueller
    Free Member
    maccruiskeen

use swarfega to wash your hands after handling chillis.

Where’s the fun in that?

rkk01
    Free Member

Precautions were taken

Protective eyewear

medical gloves

😯

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Just made a meal using those Tesco Bedfordshire Super Naga chillis’ is closed to new replies.