Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • just lost a mate to cancer.
  • ton

just got a email from a mate, another mate who we played rugby with for 20yrs died from cancer today.
    not seen him since another friends funeral last year.
    he was fit and well then.
    46yr old with 2 teenage kids.

life is **** crap sometimes…… 😥

donsimon
    Free Member

Seriously crap sometimes. 😥

CHB

sorry to hear that.

Kevevs
    Free Member

That’s too young.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Condolences, ton. Never good news to hear of a person’s death, let alon a mate’s.

project
    Free Member

Really sad, for you and the family,best wishes.

KonaTC

46 with children that’s really tragic

racefaceec90

i’m sorry.cancer is a bastid (my grandmother died of ovarian cancer when i was 11 🙁

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that mate. Perhaps get together with some of the lads who used to play that are still in touch and have a few beers and a chat about him. It helps.

scaredypants

Yeh, it’s grim – and scary
    Lost one about 18 months ago at around 40.
    His Mrs was also diagnosed at pretty much the same time but she’s OK now we think.
    Can’t imagine what that did to their kids but they’re an amazingly positive family so hopefully will work it out.

ton

cheers fella’s.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

🙁

freddyg
    Free Member

It’s a horrible, horrible disease. It took my mum at 46 too. My thoughts are with you and his family.

ton

just thinking, a bit maudling i suppose, but if you play a team sport for a long time like i did, you build up a hell of a lot of mates.

i first played rugby with Andy when i was 16, he was 17.
    we played in a past v present game 2 years ago, aged 43 and 44.
    that is a hell of a long time.
    and i have maybe 50 or so mates like this who i played with for a lot of years.
    sport is fantastic for making lifelong mates.
    but we are all gonna have a hell of a lot of funerals to go to in the next 20 or 30 yrs.

lowey

Sorry to hear that Tony. Life kicks us in the balls as times.

coogan
    Free Member

That is life I’m afraid. After a dodgy start to the year on my part, you approach and look at it all in a different light. Remember the good times I say, its what we’re all here for.

andyl
    Free Member

Life can be shit 🙁

sorry to hear about your mate, was thinking about cancer on my dog walk tonight.

I know it is not very original but maybe look into arranging a charity event in his name?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Sorry to hear of your loss Ton.

Look at it this way though, without the game of rugby you wouldn’t have met most of these great friends you have, yes you will end up at a lot of funerals over the coming years but your times together are priceless and indelible.

clareymorris

Sad sad news Ton 🙁 x

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘just lost a mate to cancer.’ is closed to new replies.