• This topic has 12 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by tthew.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Just lost a KOM….
  • slowjo
    Free Member

One I didn’t know I had. My speed was pretty impressive at 110.9kmph and the chap who got it from me managed to put in 127kmph…..over a railway bridge….one of those you ride up, double back, cross over , double back and descend.

Who says you get slower as you get older? Pah! 🙂

I’m going to see if I can keep that sort of speed up over Col de Madeleine…see ya!

martinhutch

Should’ve paid more and got a proper Intercity steed.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Lost one myself yesterday 😥 Mind you it was by elite pro rider James Gullen so I’ll begrudgingly let him have it 😆 As someone once said to me: You never own a Kom, You only borrow them. Still I managed to get four on my mtb ride yesterday so I’m still up 😉 :mrgreen:

dirtyrider
    Free Member

I lost one the other day to Sylvian Guintoli some Superbike rider

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylvain_Guintoli

He on an electric bike though

gravity-slave
    Free Member

I had a longstanding (18 months) one on the road bike after hitting some brand new fresh tarmac with a brisk tailwind on a big downhill near Sheffield! Then the TdF came through last year and knocked me down a few places! I’m still 11th, ahead of Lars Boom* so I’ll take that!

(*Yes, I know I did that pace for 3 mins and had to sit down for a bit, while he was probably chilling, then kept going at least that speed for 3 more weeks)

aracer
    Free Member

He on an electric bike though

Flag it then

BenjiM

Mind you it was by elite pro rider James Gullen so I’ll begrudgingly let him have it

A few of the KOM’s set round here Andy have been done following a little green moped FYI.

ticsmon

I got three KOMs when I left strava on in the car.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Lost one myself yesterday Mind you it was by elite pro rider James Gullen

Yep, he’s been tearing up a few KOMs around Lancaster this spring. Some long standing ones have gone in the last month or so. I think he’ll be one to look out for in the Premier Calender this year. Hopefully his success will help me justify my own inadequacies.

riddoch

I lost one last week and there is only two of us on the leaderboard and I didn’t create it which is a bit weird. It’s also a 3km long segment through our local woods randomly selecting trails.

Have any of got any weird stalkers that follow you and give you kudos who you have no idea who they are?

jam-bo

I came really close to getting one on weds night. 2s off the KoM on the merrivale descent on Dartmoor. I did have a awesome tailwind though that had been beating me up all the up the hill. 54mph with very little effort.

cokie

I lost a KOM the other day.
    I was first for a few months. All the riders below me had a .5km/h incremental gap, I was on 24.5 km/h over 2 minutes. The chap that beat me was on 32km/h !! I realised it was the XC racing whippet on the S-works Epic that I had ridden past earlier. Sort of made sense why he was miles above the rest of us.

tthew

I set up a special on that only people coming into our power station are likely to ever ride. I’m third, but am 100% sure that Vernon Tuft and Malcolm Fyfe, (just in case they are ever googling their own names 😀 ) did it in their cars, no way they’re faster than me.

Not really bothered enough to flag it, but I will be mentioning it, subtlety in conversation like, next time I see them!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Just lost a KOM….’ is closed to new replies.