Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • just knocked myself out at stainburn!!
  • ads678

Wasn’t really feeling it but forced my self to ride as I don’t get out much these days and had a free couple of hours and was going past, what could possibly go wrong!!

Well I could land badly off a drop have a blow out, go OTB’s, faceplant on some rocks and knock myself out. Blood Pissing out of my nose and didn’t know where I was, managed to get back to the car somehow.

This was actually about 2 hours ago. Currently waiting for my wife to arrive in a taxi so she can drive me home!!!

I feel great….

johnners
    Free Member

Sorry to here that, but at least you’ve obviously got the presence of mind and good judgement not to get behind the wheel yourself! Many wouldn’t have.

chrissyharding
    Free Member

Go to hospital.
    No matter how you feel.

martinhutch

As above. Get yourself checked out properly.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Good on you for not just calling an Ambulance which appears to be the norm these days.

Of course be careful though, if you have been knocked out, shouldn’t you at least be seeking medical advice ?

Maybe go to Otley Minor Injuries ?

ads678

Yeah might call into a&e/ minor injuries on the way home. My front teeth and nose hurt. Don’t think my nose is broken though.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Commiserations for 1) the accident and 2) the row your going to get off the wife 🙁

cakefacesmallblock

Hope you are ok ads678 !

Did chuckle to myself, that having called your wife, STW was the next stop.

Heal quick.

zero-cool
    Free Member

There’s been a lot of study and research into concussions over the last 5 or so years.
    Basically repeated concussive impacts are rather bad for long term health, the more concussions, the bigger the problems.

Currently there’s also a lot of research into sub-concussive impacts as well.

The thing I’m trying to say is for years we’ve underestimated concussions.

Look at the legal action against the NFL for hiding the truth about concussions and how the RFU is taking it more seriously finally.

Tom KP

darrenspink
    Free Member

So OP, which drop were you trying to fly softly down?

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Unlucky now A&E

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

So youv’e got the common sense to post on STW before you get home/seen to! Well done that man!!

martinhutch

I had the courtesy to wait until I got to A&E to start posting. 🙂

cakefacesmallblock

cloudnine
    Free Member

Hows the bike?

munrobiker
    Free Member

Hope you’re on the mend.

My best man fell down a little cliff at Stainburn 3 hours before my wedding, with all of us watching. That was pretty scary but fortunately he was fine. A great ride otherwise!

ads678

It was the drop in that last pic. Done it loads of times but just got it wrong this time somehow!

Was posting on here whilst waiting for my wife to get to me, had to wait about 2 hours so was quite bored and trying to occupy my mind, but didn’t think it was bad enough to ring an ambulance.

I’m currently in A&E having had a CT scan and some xrays. Waiting for results, Feel ok though.

matt_outandabout

Heal quick…

mindmap3
    Free Member

Only been to Stainburn twice but bloody loved it.

Watch yourself the week or so after too – I knocked myself out last year after getting a drop wrong. I woke up on a stretcher in the back of an ambulance! The hospital didn’t seem too concerned after scans etc but I was a proper space cadet for most of the week after.

jools182
    Free Member

Happened to a friend of mine on Jacobs Ladder

Woke up, front wheel bent, both tyres punctured, helmet hanging off

He still has no idea what happened

Get yourself checked out

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

OP – I take it all was ok?

2hrs? Where was your wife coming from?

darrenspink
    Free Member

Goto share that last pic with the singletraction guys 😀

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

it is, of course, now possible to ride down that drop, over that guys head and betwix his nads, it’s completely rendered safe.

mwazzer
    Free Member

I had a bad fall on my 45 minute loop from my house… Hit some steep off camber roots totally wrong, OTB and then i woke up in a holly bush… Sprained knee, shredded my shin on the pedals, dislocated my shoulder, and fractured my collar bone…

I had to ride home incase mum had a go that I was late for tea!

Just be glad you had a helmet on, and I hope the scan comes back good!

rOcKeTdOg

I’m still missing 35 minutes from a fall in the FoD, can’t remember what happened, but apparently I rode 2 miles back to the car. I kept saying “i must phone my wife” which is odd as I’d been divorced for 4 years. Girlfriend wasn’t impressed!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Hope it all checks out fine.

I was working by myself in the upstairs of somewhere with some low beams. Picked something up and turned round/stood up at the same time. Then I stood up again, not really sure of the time but think it was a little later, drove home (1 mile private road 1/2 public) so my mother could take me to be checked out. Pre mobile days.

ads678

OP – I take it all was ok?

Yep got the all clear, which is good cos i’m driving to the Pyrenees tonight/tomorrow!!

2hrs? Where was your wife coming from?

She was coming from Leeds centre but it was about 5 o’clock so traffic was a nightrmare.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘just knocked myself out at stainburn!!’ is closed to new replies.