Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Just in from a search and rescue on Cannock Chase!
  • postierich
    Free Member

Only managed the 1 pint tonight due to being delayed after we got nosey when we saw an ambulance @ the Chase.
    Spoke to 2 bikers that were part of a group with the injured person and one stopped with the ambulance while they waited for keys for the gates,the other chap had a space blanket but did not know his way back so i took him back to where I thought he would be given the directions.
    Chap looked in pain (fell on his chest and was struggling to breathe),paramedics and crew turned up after 15 mins they did all the obs then we stretched him out which was very tricky due to his weight and the tight singletrack.
    Arms are feeling pretty sore now not to sure if it was the rigid ride tonight or the dead weight on the stretcher!

lowey

Hope the guy is ok. Healing vibes.

Ben_mw

Hope the guy is ok.

Last summer on a club ride we had to stretcher a lad out. He took a very low speed tumble, and landed with his chest on the end of his bars (not even moving fast enough to over the bars)! Once the paramedics turned up, very speedily, considering the directions we had to give, they decieded that the air ambulance was needed but as we were in the woods we'd have to carry him out – about a mile, as to wait for mountain rescue would take too long. Mr paramaedic asked for volunteers, and i foolishly said yes and made some comment about having carried stretchers before on courses for mountain rescue teams, so he kindly informed me that I was to go in the middle, opposite him, as we would walk either side of the singletrack in the heather and he wanted an experienced(!)strecher bearer there. As he was also carying oxygen etc that our buddy was hooked up to, we weren't allowed to swap sides like the others could. Until you have tried it, you simply can't beleive how heavy a 15 stone man gets! It took us an hour to covern that mile.
    We then had to sit and wait for a further 30 mins watching the air ambulance fly around over the wrong valley!

rOcKeTdOg

did you manage to deliver him to the right address? 😉

postierich
    Free Member

Due to the extremes on the Chase the chap fell off going uphill!!!!
    Section of the dog with the 3 jumps in a row.

Shoulders very achey I need to MTFU.

st

I'll check our records but your permit doesn't cover night riding.

walleater

we stretched him out which was very tricky due to his weight and the tight singletrack.

Was it Scruff?

postierich
    Free Member

If it had been Scruff,I dont I would have made work today!!!!

Anyway the rider was going up hill so defo was not Scruff 😆

Drac

Hope the rider recovers soon.

But think some of you need to find another form of exercise if you get tired carrying someone that far.

scruff
    Free Member

The slander on this thread has been duly noted.

BigJohn

It was a libel.

shinsplints

Sure it wasn't Rich Harris & he just fancied a lie down ? 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Just in from a search and rescue on Cannock Chase!’ is closed to new replies.