• This topic has 49 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by kcal.
Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Just had two boiled eggs with hot buttered toast….The breakfast of kings??
  • tomhoward

66 deg, I suggest you consult Wikipedia….

In East Lancashire, the former West Riding of Yorkshire and elsewhere in the North like the town of Barnsley, a teacake is a round bread roll which is cut in half to make sandwiches. They do not usually contain any sort of dried fruit. They can be made with either white, brown, wholemeal, or Granary flour (a brand of flour produced by Hovis, made by malting wheat, crushing the grains, roasting them, and then mixing them with brown flour).[2] A favourite way to eat them is to slice them into fingers, toast and then spread with butter and Bovril or Marmite.

🙄

binners

IT IS NOT, NEVER HAS, AND NEVER WILL BE A SODDING TEACAKE!!!

windydave13
    Free Member

I’m a firm believer of less bread – more meat!!

My current discovery Cockadoodlemoo in Stockport

[url=https://flic.kr/p/pvRKTQ]#Cockadoodlemoo. Proper stuffed after half a pig and 3 chickens[/url] by windydave13, on Flickr

66deg
    Free Member

Ohh tom here’s the dictionary definition. 😉

teacake |?ti?ke?k|
    nounBrit.
    a light yeast-based sweet bun with dried fruit, typically served toasted and buttered.

I have never seen binners quite this mad and no one has mentioned the tories!

trail_rat
    Free Member

biled fresh eegs and fresh broon breed with real salted butter from the farm shop. nain o this “spreadable butter” – next you will be telling me sunny delight is real orange juice and that Philadelphia is actual cheese….

either that or the same eggs in pot made scrambled eggs with stornoway black pud broken up and stirred into them – mmmmmm

pennine
    Free Member

66Deg: if I asked for a teacake in my part of The West Riding I’d be given a white round bread roll! If I wanted the fruit type I’d ask for a current teacake.

bones
    Free Member

Any type of egg on toast with salt, pepper, hp and tobasco wins for me, but I’m not keen on boiled as I like to remove the umbilical thing n any shitty bits before cooking 😳

wilburt
    Free Member

Malvern Rider – Member
    eating with an Opinel knife is the sign of a true man someone trying way too hard.
    FTFY

Eaten with anything to hand, even hands.

What if an opinel is to hand, is it allowed then?

Real reason was suggested, there good for cooking and eating so less washing. 🙂

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Oh yeah, dippy eggs are total yum. Especially if you’ve just collected the eggs from your own chooks at the bottom of the back yard.

Bacon has to be smoked, and crispy if it’s to be involved in an egg based breakfast. And if we’re being dirty then fried bread (well, grilled olive oil soaked bread) not toast. Beans, mushrooms, couple of decent snags and couple of runny fried eggs. And a mug of Yorkshire tea.

Cooked on the bbq too. Did I mention it’s summer here and was 32c at 9am this morning? 🙂

kcal

hot buttery with butter; and big mug of coffee.
    A champion’s breakfast (maybe a bacon roll too).

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Just had two boiled eggs with hot buttered toast….The breakfast of kings??’ is closed to new replies.