Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Just had to walk past Brian Rourke Cycles….
  • MoreCashThanDash

Parked one side of them to go and do a visit the other side. Was so tempted to pop in, but last time that happened, Brian got chatting and on discovering it was my first time in the shop gave me a guided tour of the memorabilia in the bar area. One of the best half hours of my cycling life.

Sadly I need to push on to my next call. And I’m not sure my heart could resist a custom steel frame with ultegra over the disc braked road bike my head tells me would be a better option.

*stops at newsagent to buy a scratch card*

globalti
    Free Member

I saw Brian’s daughter or daughter-in-law riding a Rourke on the Cheshire Cat a couple of years ago. Not only did I fall in love with the woman, I also fell in love with her bike, which was a simply gorgeous steel roadie in candy gloss red with white transfers, it just looked perfect and fitted her like a glove.

One day I’ll have one….. one of his lads did confirm that they could build me something similar for disc brakes.

jekkyl

what you doing in the depths of Stoke MCTD? let alone cobridge! don’t hang around there. They have Guy Martin’s bike from the speed challenge in there on display.

benw
    Free Member

I bought a custom 953 a few years back,Brian sized me up for it and I ended with toe overlap.Not a major issue but if I hadn’t let home convince me and had made him make it the size I wanted it wouldn’t have happened.Then the chainsaty cracked,ok it could happen with any bike.When I got it back they hadn’t put the headset back in and forgot to even put it in the box.They also forgot to weld a cable stop on the chainstay ffs..I found a manufacturer near me who fixed that for me,now the chain stays go rusty and I have to wire wool them every now and again.Maybe that’s normal I ain’t sure but I wouldn’t recommend them.Just my experience

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

One day I’ll have one….. one of his lads did confirm that they could build me something similar for disc brakes.

you’re talking about the bike, right?

MoreCashThanDash

Jekkyl – when I say “walked”, I obviously meant “ran like a lily livered coward”.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Just had to walk past Brian Rourke Cycles….’ is closed to new replies.