Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • Just had "the chat" with my missus about my old bike
  • Harry_the_Spider

And will it see its debut by Monday??

It depends when it arrives.

I want to give it a shake down in daylight near home. San Marino or something similar isn’t the best idea for the first flight on a bike that I’ve put together myself.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

always buy out of our savings, she had never noticed. just make sure the bike has a similar colour combo to the previous one and yer reet!

Bunnyhop

We wives are brilliant.
    Mr bh asked me on Thursday if he could have a second hand bargain from our lbs.

I don’t know why he asked because he knows I would say yes 😀

Harry_the_Spider

It isn’t second hand. He’s paid them to dirty up a new one.

Next he’ll be telling you that he won it in a prize drawer.

Harry_the_Spider

UPDATE

The LBS have just been on. The buyer for the original bike has just pulled out!

So, if anyone wants a Trek Fuel EX8 29er for a good price give Cooksons in Whitefield a call.

GregMay
    Free Member

Last time I bought a new bike I got a slight stare from the at the time fiancée. I softened it with “and yes you can get one too”. It’s easy in our household. If we want it, and can afford it outside the budget, we buy it.

This will change if we ever have kids. Hence I’m stockpiling when the going is good.

Bregante

UPDATE

The LBS have just been on. The buyer for the original bike has just pulled out!

I reckon you still got the right bike (not that you should give a monkeys what I reckon)

Harry_the_Spider

I agree. The Trek was a good deal too though.

nbt

Shhhh! They even put cable rub marks on, the service from Bicycle Smithy is bloody awesome!

Bunnyhop

nbt – Right that’s it, I want a new bike now 😉

Clover

When does it arrive? We want pictures. 😀

PS Of course Bunnyhop should have a new bike, a tonic and just the ticket to help her ongoing recovery 😉

Harry_the_Spider

When does it arrive?

Friday with a bit of luck. If it does I’ll be out on Monday.

Bunnyhop

Aw thanks Clover.
    I’m planning on wearing every conceivable type of body armour when back on the mtb proper.

Off to scour the internet for side padded shorts.

matt_outandabout

Shoulder pads, 1980s style also needed….

duncancallum

I want a new bike too….

Or at least a newer old one.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Anyone seen Harry and his new bike or has he ridden into the sunset?

Harry_the_Spider

I’m still here.

Me and “Trigger” had a blast round my local trails on Saturday. According to Strava I took 6PBs and about a dozen 2nds. I wasn’t even trying that hard because a) I was unsure of the front end grip and b) I had built the bike myself.

https://www.strava.com/activities/260869371

xherbivorex
    Free Member

Me and “Trigger” had a blast round my local trails on Saturday

and you didn’t give me a call?!

Harry_the_Spider

Spur of the moment. I was meant to be going swimming but had to walk past “Trigger” on the way to the car.

tthew

Which Trigger?

Or

Harry_the_Spider

Rider – Former
    Bike – Latter

I do like the bike’s slightly **** name. I suspect the guy who called it that wasn’t aware of Only Fools and Horses.

They tyres are called “Wolverines”. 4 cough.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

This thread is dying for a piccie of a new bike………… I like my Dyad on my Jekyll. The bike covers my talentless comedy riding with ease and seems a bottomless amount of travel.

Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘Just had "the chat" with my missus about my old bike’ is closed to new replies.