Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Just had that credit card fraud call ……. Any need to worry?
  • letmetalktomark

Barclaycard are pretty hot at picking up suspected fraud.

I got a call from their automated service to check recent activity on my cc.

Low and behold a transaction had been placed against the card less than 15minutes earlier.

I was able to confirm I had nt made the payment or authorised it.

They have classified the transaction as fraud and will investigate further.

Anyone had any similar/same dealings?

Any advice?

They have cancelled the card and are reissuing a new one to me.

project
    Free Member

are you sure it was barclaycard who calld you, did they ask for card details etc. 😳

highclimber
    Free Member

Yeah got stranded at a garage after filling up with £60 worth of diesel and a declined card. Rang card co (Natwest) and they confirmed that my card had been frozen due to suspicious actiity including two transaction for T mobile and Vodaphone (im on O2) and a £1 transaction at the Apple store. Luckily was able to withdraw some cash from the machine on the forecourt!! Apart from the above I was reasonably impressed with the response.

damo2576
    Free Member

are you sure it was barclaycard who calld you, did they ask for card details etc.

This!

boxfish
    Free Member

You should be OK but when I get calls like that from my bank asking me to give them details over the phone, I insist on ringing them back just in case it’s a phishing scam call.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Probably was barclaycard – I’ve had that automatic call before and although as a sceptic I rang back on the normal customer service number the automated call was genuine. I wouldn’t worry at all, this happens thousands of times a day and you won’t lose out. I only came a cropper because I was speaking to them on loudspeaker in the car with my wife next to me, and as they read through the last fortnights transactions I had to confirm that about 5 visits to McDonald’s were indeed mine!

letmetalktomark

It was indeed Barclaycard and not this:

😆

Thank you.

Will keep an eye on things.

Buggers.

bruneep

Yes they (Barclaycard) called me about card activity, I questioned who it was I was advised to call the number on the card to confirm, it was BC calling to confirm a transaction.

andytherocketeer

Every time I’ve had that message left on the answerphone/voicemail, I’ve always hiked out an old statement and called the fraud line number on there. Just in case.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Just had that credit card fraud call ……. Any need to worry?’ is closed to new replies.