Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 139 total)
  • Just had row with next door neighbour
  • piemonster

I’ve heard of some middle class folks leaving their children in far more vulnerable places.

ASDA? God forbid a McDonalds.

sleepless
    Free Member

interesting thread Bunny. We were so sick of neighbours we moved upteen times, and now have none. which has its own set of draw backs- no one can hear my screams for help anymore.

You seemed to have done the right thing for you by apologizing. If they accept or reject this then that is their business. You have a clear conscious, which with a good set of ear plugs is the comfiest pillow to sleep on. Better than a fume filled car on the drive at any rate.

rootes1

slowly poison them and then get them to change their wills when they are delirous so that you inherit their house…

knock through and tadar! nice detached house with nice neighbours…

ScoobysM8
    Free Member

Babies cry for a reason, you just have to figure out why. Some people don’t figure it out or cba’d so fail to understand why everyone else should be tolerant.

Do parenting classes exist? They’re clearly needed for some people, not everyone can be an Earth Mother!

I may or may not be trolling.

I´m hoping you are trolling. If not, well f u. I hope you don’t ever have kids with colic. There’s no rhyme or reason to it. You try everything you can because its awful having a kid in your arms screaming every night. Don’t give me parenting classes C°°P. you don’t know what you are talking g about

enfht
    Free Member

If you were a bloke then at least you could plead ignorance for questioning a woman’s parenting skills, you have balls I’ll give you that 😆

Oh and thanks to all the lovely people who have personally mailed me with support and best wishes

Hillariballs 😆

But can you actually bunnyhop?

theblackmount
    Free Member

>Anyway, I know there are far worse things in the world than this.<

You said it baby…

mt
    Free Member

If I’d known there where those of the lower orders on resident on this forum one may have reconsidered ones application.
    Can the child in question not be consoled by it nanny, if not she should be replaced forthwith. When said child is of school age it’s off to boarding school. I’d also have words with the estate manager, get the gamekeeper to sort any disputes with vermin despoiling the gardens.

hora
    Free Member

I think the OP/partner would be great neighbours to have. Plus your hardly the aggressive type OP 😀

cinnamon_girl

I´m hoping you are trolling. If not, well f u. I hope you don’t ever have kids with colic. There’s no rhyme or reason to it. You try everything you can because its awful having a kid in your arms screaming every night. Don’t give me parenting classes C°°P. you don’t know what you are talking g about

What I’m really referring to is parents who leave their little ones to cry thinking that’s ‘what babies do’ in much the same way as dogs bark cos ‘that’s what dogs do’.

We all see, when going about our daily business, parents with whingeing offspring and nothing is done to placate them. OK granted they could be playing up but frequently the parent will be paying more attention to their i-phone.

By all means scoff at the mention of parenting classes but you don’t get a dummy run at being a parent and not everyone has been fortunate to have good parents and be bought up in a stable and loving environment.

In Bunnyhop’s case, her neighbour may have benefited and learnt that babies should not be left in hot cars.

I’ve had two children close together and it definitely wasn’t plain sailing! Women don’t automatically become an Earth Mother type when babies are born and I certainly didn’t have a clue what to do!

Yes, colic is miserable and you have my sympathy but you worked out what was wrong, not everyone does unfortunately.

samuri
    Free Member

Plus, when they’re both out in the garden in their summer clothes, it must be like watching an episode of baywatch.

Who could have a problem with that?

nbt

I’ve had to stop doing that now, it was getting awkward

ransos
    Free Member

Yes, colic is miserable and you have my sympathy but you worked out what was wrong, not everyone does unfortunately.

Working out the problem isn’t the same as solving it – which isn’t going to make any difference to the neighbours.

easygirl

We used to have a neighbour who played drums in the back bedroom, next to our child’s bedroom,
    Why on earth would anyone think it is ok to play a drum kit in a semi detached house, I just can’t believe some people

gonefishin
    Free Member

Yeah people with hobbies are an absolute nightmare. Imangine wanting to do something you enjoy in the privacy of your own home.

ransos
    Free Member

Yeah people with hobbies are an absolute nightmare. Imangine wanting to do something you enjoy in the privacy of your own home.

If it’s disturbing your neighbours, you’re not enjoying it privately.

gonefishin
    Free Member

If you buy a semi detached house, you are going to hear your neighbours doing stuff. If you don’t want to hear your neighbours doing stuff buy an isolated detached house.

ransos
    Free Member

If you buy a semi detached house, you are going to hear your neighbours doing stuff. If you don’t want to hear your neighbours doing stuff buy an isolated detached house.

Ah, so unless you can afford to buy a detached house in a rural location, you should put up with your neighbours being inconsiderate a-holes?

I live in a semi detached house. I rarely hear my neighbours, because they are considerate. Playing drums next to a kid’s bedroom is not considerate.

I’m very glad I don’t live next door to you.

gonefishin
    Free Member

Ah, so unless you can afford to buy a detached house in a rural location, you should put up with your neighbours being inconsiderate a-holes?

There’s nothing inconsiderate about palying a musical instrument in your own home (granted I’m streching the definintion of a musical instrument here). Most are noisy enough that the position in a house is relatively unimportant. Kind of like kids if I’m honest.

I live in a semi detached house too, and my neighbour’s son plays the drums. It was infuriating until a figured out where it was coming from.

Playing drums next to a kid’s bedroom is not considerate.

No more or less than expecting other people to meet your definition of what is and isn’t acceptable. It’s called compromise and living in a semi detached house is a compromise.

binners

On a slight tangent: what do you call a drummer without a girlfriend?

Homeless

ransos
    Free Member

There’s nothing inconsiderate about palying a musical instrument in your own home (granted I’m streching the definintion of a musical instrument here). Most are noisy enough that the position in a house is relatively unimportant. Kind of like kids if I’m honest.

It’s perfectly possible to play an instrument without disturbing your neighbours. Drums being played next to a kid’s bedroom do not fall within that definition.

No more or less than expecting other people to meet your definition of what is and isn’t acceptable. It’s called compromise and living in a semi detached house is a compromise.

It seems that compromise is something you expect only from other people.

I’m very glad I don’t live next door to you.

binners

nbt earlier….

gonefishin
    Free Member

It’s a drum kit. They are very loud. The position in the house is unlikely to make any real difference as to how much they will disturb others. I don’t expect compromise only from others. Like I said earlier my neighbour’s son plays the drums and I accept that as part of living in a semi detached house, and yes I can hear it where ever I am in and around me house.

It seems that compromise is something you expect only from other people.

From your posts this seems rather more true of you.

That’s what I get for skimming too many posts.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m glad I don’t live next door to binbins. 😀

binners

You don’t know the half of it Bravisimo 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😛

ransos
    Free Member

It’s a drum kit. They are very loud. The position in the house is unlikely to make any real difference as to how much they will disturb others. I don’t expect compromise only from others. Like I said earlier my neighbour’s son plays the drums and I accept that as part of living in a semi detached house, and yes I can hear it where ever I am in and around me house.

In which case, you would have no objection if your neighbour’s son placed his drumkit next to your bedroom wall and played in the middle of the night.

There’s nothing inconsiderate about it, after all.

DezB
    Free Member

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Drum-Set-Quieter

My younger brother played drums in the room next to our neighbour’s house. I think they were pleased when the drums started as that meant the screaming and fighting had stopped. 🙂
    (but, of course we weren’t working class or nuffin so we was ok).

camo16
    Free Member

Well, I used to ram a cushion down my saxophone’s bell-end 😯 when I lived in a back-to-back in Leeds.

Seemed like the right thing to do.

Mind you, who doesn’t dig be-bop at 11pm? 😉

gonefishin
    Free Member

In which case, you would have no objection if your neighbour’s son placed his drumkit next to your bedroom wall

He already does.

and played in the middle of the night

So you’ve decided to shift the goalposts of your argument. Nope, not in the middle of the night I would agree that that would be inconsiderate, although that is the first time that anyone has said anything about time.

convert

Life is not fair or equal – some people are in a financial position to buy a nice big detached house with lots of land around it – and the rest of us are not. If you are too poor (that’ll be me) or elect for other reasons (you have a weird attraction to big, expensive, built up cities) to live cheek by jowl with other folk you have to modify your behaviour. You don’t get to water the plants in the morning in the buff and you don’t get to play drums inside. Thems the rules sadly and if you can’t handle it either do something about the income bit or expect to be a figure of hate (or unhealthy lust if you are into the naked gardening) in your locality.

ransos
    Free Member

So you’ve decided to shift the goalposts of your argument. Nope, not in the middle of the night I would agree that that would be inconsiderate, although that is the first time that anyone has said anything about time.

Err, no. You said:

There’s nothing inconsiderate about palying a musical instrument in your own home

Now you’re saying that sometimes it is inconsiderate. When you’ve made up your mind, get back to me.

gonefishin
    Free Member

I never said at any time of the day. My point was the fact of playing an instrument is not inherently inconsiderate and to read anything else into what I wrote is willful misinterpretation.

Just like there is nothing inherently inconsiderate in kids running around shouting and screaming but if it were happening in the middle of the night it would be incosiderate but it is the time at which it is occuring that makes it inconsiderate, not the fact of it happening at all.

Cougar

There’s a difference between playing drums at three in the afternoon and three in the morning. I’ve a fairly beefy AV setup in my terraced house, but at 11pm the amp goes off and I switch to the TV speakers.

Cougar

Guy next door played bass. I’d often find him wandering around in the front garden at all hours, guess he never knew when to come in.

(coat, please)

Scapegoat

I once turned up at rehearsal to find the bassist punching the drummer, because he’d detuned one of the bassist’s strings. I told him there was no need to punch him, just tune it back up

” I would,” says the bass player, “But he won’t tell me which one.”

wwaswas

One good thing about playing the drums late at night – the neighbours shouting outside your window doesn’t wake you up.

ransos
    Free Member

I never said at any time of the day. My point was the fact of playing an instrument is not inherently inconsiderate and to read anything else into what I wrote is willful misinterpretation.

No, you said:

There’s nothing inconsiderate about palying a musical instrument in your own home

There was no qualification in your statement regarding the time of day.

RustySpanner

See?!??
    This is why you should never move to Cheshire.

Just out of interest, the OP & nbt are some of the friendliest and most pleasant people you could meet.

We had neighbours from hell (Hell – twinned with Radcliffe):
    Coke dealers and addicts.
    Young, terrified kids, violence etc.
    We moved.

The bottle of wine sounds good in your case – maybe ask ’em round for a meal?

rhyswilliams3
    Free Member

There was no qualification in your statement regarding the time of day.

Did it actually need one? 😕 or are you just being stubborn about your point?

franksinatra

I haven’t read all four pages but here is my breakdown:

Today I come down from my workroom in the attic to the smell of fumes filling the upstairs rooms

Really, filling the room? Any chance you may be exageratting a little?
    You 0 – 1 Neighbour

I ask her politely could she turn off the engine, I then get a tirade of abuse. It turns out she has her 18 month old baby in the car on one of the hottest days of the year.
    Now if I can smell fumes then surely (even with the air con on) the child will be getting some smell through the open car windows.

If that is correct then odd that she should leave windows open and air con on. Either way, I’ve done the same (left child in car) whilst I unload shopping or grab a cup of tea if I want child to sleep a bit longer.
    You 0 – 1 Neighbour

I stupidly in the heat of the moment said I wouldn’t put a child in a car in this heat and she’s really kicked off.

But I thought it has air con, in which case could be cooler than the house.
    You 0 – 1 Neighbour

She said I’m calling her an unfit mother, she doesn’t want to reason or listen.

You do sound quite judgmental, you already said ‘stupidly, in the heat of the moment’ Also, she has a young baby, will be tired and is therefore a bit tetchy
    You 0 – 1 Neighbour

My husband plays drums, (which he has now stopped with them having a baby), so I got an earful of her complaining about that. She’s shouting that my husband came round one night to complain about her noise (endless parties).

Both households are noisy, you complain as things happen, she bottles it up for argument.
    You 1 – 1 Neighbour

We’ve tolerated them having endless parties when we first moved in (they were in their mid 20s then). They smoke around the baby, not just cigarettes but other stuff.

Annoying and bad parenting
    You 2 – 0 Neighbour

Every evening since the warm weather the boyfriend has lit a barbecue which of course blows the smoke into our garden

You miserable sod.
    You 0 – 1 Neighbour

They had 2 barking dogs when we first moved in which drove me mad, (only have one now).

Annoying but sounds historical, no need to bring it up now
    You 0 – 1 Neighbour

Their cat digs up my veg plots.

I hate cats, kill it.
    You 1 – 0 Neighbour

Our young nephew often stays over and has had unbroken nights sleep with their baby crying.

You don’t have your own kids do you?
    You 0 – 1 Neighbour

Because I work from home I often take in all the parcels full of tat that she buys from China for the child.

What do you want, a medal?

Total score
    You 4 – 8 Neighbour

Neighbour wins

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 139 total)

The topic ‘Just had row with next door neighbour’ is closed to new replies.