• This topic has 11 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by kcal.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Just had my legs tore off round the local woods !!
  • renton
    Free Member

Just been out to the local woods for my Trances maiden ride and whilst walking up one of the downhill bits I met up and got talking to a local lad riding a nukeproof mega 27.5 but fitted with 26 inch wheels.

Having only been up the woods once before i didn’t know any of the trails so this lad said he would show me around a bit ……..

**** me if he didn’t tear the legs off me, I know I’m unfit currently but I was proper blowing but feeling good.

Found some amazing tracks and am really getting to grips with the trance now.

I feel like I’m shattered but had an amazing ride.

Local woods is Oakwood in Elgin by the way.

v666ern
    Free Member

Eh? Weren’t you selling the trance?
    Fair play for getting out though, last time I tried to keep up with a local I OTB after running out of skill 😳

renton
    Free Member

V666ern is was a sell or keep ride.

After this it is staying. :mrgreen:

Just need to do a few upgrades.

vinnyeh

don’t worry too much, those wheels only need to carry a little bit extra speed to put you on the back foot, I’m sure it’d be different if you both ran the same size.

v666ern
    Free Member

😀

renton
    Free Member

:mrgreen:

hairyscary

John Young, he’s pretty fit for an old bloke

gazman428
    Free Member

he fitted 26″ wheels into his 27.5 frame and forks. that must be a first!

renton
    Free Member

He probably did tell me his name but I was blowing to much to hear.

I was pretty embarrassed to be honest as he had already done 26 miles around fochabers already.

I think the lad said he had a nomad as well

Pretty decent all round bloke to be honest.

Must ride more.

EDIT … John young it is.

matt_outandabout

Quarrel woods – is that oak woods? Thoroughly enjoyed a zip around there end of last year..

grum
    Free Member

He probably did tell me his name but I was blowing to much to hear.

Oh aye?

kcal

talks almost as much as he rides – bugger!! 🙂

edit – and matt_out, yes Oakwoods is also Quarrel woods although wasn’t really called that when I was growing up – Quarry woods I suppose maybe..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Just had my legs tore off round the local woods !!’ is closed to new replies.