Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Just had my Land Rover stolen
  • maxb
    Free Member

One of those never thought it would happen to me moments. This morning, board daylight – Lidl car park in Hastings while we did Christmas food shopping inside. Obviously if anyone sees anything online or locally whatever please let me know, long time Landy nut owned cherished and irreplaceable family vehicle with a lot of time and love gone into it. One of the last 300tdi CSW’s.

Pretty distinctive with all glass etched with reg, rear interior all chequer plated etc.

drlex
    Free Member

That’s gutting! Have you posted this on all the landy sites?

Wiksey
    Free Member

Barstewards!! Hope you get it back.

v8ninety

C-units. Hanging too good for them. Fingers crossed for you. Will keep my eyes peeled

matt_outandabout

Bandits.

toby1

There must be CCTV at the store, surely?

mrsfry
    Free Member

So sorry. Lovely looking Landrover.

mav12
    Free Member

put it on the local lost and found face book group

trail_rat
    Free Member

What an absolute bunch of ****!

sobriety
    Free Member

There must be CCTV at the store, surely?

This. Do it quick. Like go there now. If it’s half decent there’s a good chance they’ll be known to the police.

maxb
    Free Member

Cheers guys, not holding out much hope, targetted for sure and God knows where now. Worst thing is we have had and used for 10 years or more on my Landys’ a Clutch Claw but didn’t fit it this time, if only and all that – they would not have taken it with that on.

He got past immobiliser and battery cut out switch all while we shopped 50 yds away. No CCTV at Lidl (!) but fellow shopper had a dash cam that we think captured something as they came in – they saw a guy round the front of it nosing around and the film will be in the Police hands who I have to say were superb, sent out patrols and got it on the ANPR system to bring up alerts and even drove us home with the shopping. Not much to say about how sad we are but as enthusiasts will know – your own Landy after all you do to afford it, fix it, improve it etc not to mention the memories etc is pretty irreplaceable, especially as this was a sought after last of the 300tdi’s in superb order etc, etc.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Fingers crossed you get it back, or at the very least the Police can find the thief that stole it.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Sorry to hear this. They seem to be hot property these days. Get it out on Facebook etc, get lots of shares. You never know.

Stoner
    Free Member

A tale to make any landy owner pucker up. So bloody horrible.

Good luck

mrkstvnz
    Free Member

Hope things work out. Pretty distinctive, so hope some bobbys are switched on out and about. Damn there are some shisters in this world…. 😥

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP gutted for you, she is a beauty.

Common mode of operation is for thieves to park it somewhere to see if it has a tracker and/or put it into a container ready to be shipped abroad (contianers block the tracker signals)

Fingers crossed for you

MrOvershoot

That’s gut wrenching, its bad enough having a run of the mill thing stolen. But something as unique & treasured as that makes me very sad/angry.

cranberry
    Free Member

Lovely looking Landy, I really hope that you get it back from the **** who stole it.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Dad’s in the process of looking for one, I’ll send him the pic in case he comes across as he seems to be spending an inordinate amount of time trawling the net for them.

project
    Free Member

lovely thing, but probably nickrd to order or for a ram raid

andyl
    Free Member

Bugger. Get it on here any anywhere else you can https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=landywatch

andydicko
    Free Member

I work for a Land Rover Dealership mate, I’ll get a photo out to the Land Rover Regional Teams and get them to Distribute around the UK network, that won’t help bring it back but it will put it on everyone’s radar in the Network……

globalti
    Free Member

Sorry to say it but that nice 110 is probably in a barn somewhere being dismantled for sale in Russia in little bits.

I know the feeling in a way, I spent hours and thousands on our 90 then when we had to sell it along came a bloke from Wales who had no mechanical sympathy and said he just wanted something to drive into the ground. From its recent MOT record that’s exactly what he’s doing.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Oh no, gutted for you, hope you get it back.

chewkw
    Free Member

Fantastic looking Land Rover there … I can feel your pain.

I seldom see 110 like that with a snorkel on the road in the Toon area in the North East but have seen few 90 in black colour in the Toon.

Whoever has stolen it needs a gangster’s style hiding … 😡

CountZero

Get onto as much social media as you can, get it shared by as many as you can, the more eyes spread around the better.
    There’s a Fb plea going the rounds about a stolen Minor van, an absolute beauty, which has two very distinct features; a tow hitch, and even more unusual, a factory fitted Austin badge on the bonnet, instead of a Morris one. Stolen in Cheshire, I think, and it’s the second one to go in the region. That one has been spread all over the country, so every little helps.
    I truly hope you get your car back, that’s a lovely Landy. 😐

nickc

gutted for you, will keep my eyes peeled

maxb
    Free Member

Thanks ever so much all for the kind words and help.

Facebook has thrown up someone who saw it being nicked – get this, towed out by a woman in a van, bloke steering the Landy – all this out of a tiny Lidl car park overlooked through huge glass windows 10 yds away by all in Lidl shopping incl us.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Did she get a reg?

trail_rat
    Free Member

If it was towed out then your clutch claw wouldnt have helped so dont beat your self up.

Im absolutely paranoid about mine getting nicked and its not a patch on yours. Mines rough and ready built for offroading but that doesnt seem to stop them and more so seems to attract the kids who want to joyride.

project
    Free Member

Facebook has thrown up someone who saw it being nicked – get this, towed out by a woman in a van, bloke steering the Landy – all this out of a tiny Lidl car park overlooked through huge glass windows 10 yds away by all in Lidl shopping incl us.

posted up last week about stolen tow trucks being used to nick builders/trades vans from trade depots,cut handbrake cable, lift front wheels and theyre off

cozz
    Free Member

from another landy owner thats really bad

the tdi’s weren’t too good on security

will remember it if i ever see it

post it on defender2 forum Ill do it for you actually now)
    and on landy watch

no tracker ?! you gotta have a tracker on em

Stoner
    Free Member

posted up last week about stolen tow trucks being used to nick builders/trades vans from trade depots,cut handbrake cable, lift front wheels and theyre off

*starts thinking about a secondary/locking transmission brake on rear axle…*

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

sorry to hear OP, hope you get it back.

Good luck.

aracer
    Free Member

Is the primary handbrake not still on the transmission anyway (hence no handbrake cable to cut)?

Good luck to the OP – sounds like there is at least something to go on, one on tow will presumably have been noticed by somebody.

v8ninety

Is the primary handbrake not still on the transmission anyway (hence no handbrake cable to cut)?

Yes, it is a transmission handbrake, it is technically a cable but it would be a bitch to cut, all of which is moot because Land Rover security is so weak you may as well leave the doors unlocked to save damage. About the only thing I can think of that would possibly have helped in this situation is a hydraulic lock on the brake system, which locks all four wheels when applied.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i realise its an after the event thing but my favorite device is …

Pedal box=

Simply because its easier to use every time you get out the vehicle than the door locks….Its no good having one of the more heavy duty and cheaper ones – if its sitting in the boot not being used ….

simply turn the lever to unlock it from the seat box and throw it forwards – clamps around the brake pedal with a 10mm claw.

How ever i wouldnt rely on that on its own either…..

Stoner
    Free Member

it is technically a cable but it would be a bitch to cut

It’s not v tricky to reach under the body and snip with some croppers.
    After that it’s an easy tow away, even with my clutch claw and fuel solenoid isolation switch in use.

Needs something like a D-lock through a drive shaft universal joint to stop a tow-away I reckon….

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Would a brake line lock not work? It’s not secure (unless you build a locking box to hold the switch or use solenoid and a secure key switch), but if it’s not common they won’t look for it?

jon_n
    Free Member

Sorry to the OP on the loss of your landy 🙁

simply turn the lever to unlock it from the seat box and throw it forwards – clamps around the brake pedal with a 10mm claw.

They push the brakes on a certain amount as well – not sure if it would be enough to stop it being towed though…

It’s pretty worrying that they just towed it away – that gets round a lot of the mechanical measures (immobiliser, batt kill switch etc) 🙁

There was a device in the landy rags that sat between the transfer box and the handbrake, with a shoot bolt that locked the transmission solid – I seem to remember it was expensive and still doesn’t stop them lifting it away 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Just had my Land Rover stolen’ is closed to new replies.