Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Just had my first ride on RS Lyrik DPA's
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

All I can say is smooooth.

They were a warranty replacement spring for the 2-Step spring that I blew twice. The dual position air is so much smoother than the 2-Step was and I think it may even be smoother than my coil Pikes.

I like a lot.

tomaso
    Free Member

I’m just switching (trying) dual position Revs after having beefy Lyrik coil u-turns. Need to test them tonight and see how they feel. They’ve passed the car park test…

I_Ache
    Free Member

You will notice the flex in rough sections compared to the Lyriks. One of the best things about the DPA over u-turn is that all it needs is a quick flick and you can drop the travel rather than trying to twist the u-turn while riding.

_tom_
    Free Member

Is the DPA available as a standard option? I’m on the lookout for some travel adjust Lyriks and those would be ideal. Does the air really feel as smooth/plush as a coil?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Yep its available as a std option. I think that big air forks feel very smooth because of the air volume, much smoother than short travel air forks IME. To be honest I havn’t tried coil Lyriks so they may well be smoother than my DPAs, I would love to find out. If your anywhere near Birmingham you are welcome to have a go on them.

nosedive
    Free Member

i love mine. they feel much much smoother and plusher than the coil pikes I used to use (extra 20mm of travel could be part of that). they are particularly good for making up for a lack of talent

I_Ache
    Free Member

they are particularly good for making up for a lack of talent

Shhhh my friends actually think I am OK at going DH.

_tom_
    Free Member

I’m used to either older coil Boxxers (which I want to replace with the Lyrik) or Pike 454 dual airs which feel nice but I have started to notice a difference between the two, although to be fair on the trail it doesn’t make a huge amount of difference to my riding! I am close-ish to Birmingham but only ever really ride Woburn now as I can’t afford the petrol to go anywhere else (a round trip to Cannock costs me about £20 in fuel now)! Will probably be riding woburn on Monday..

I_Ache
    Free Member

Having not ridden boxxers since the first model came out I can only guess how yours feel, I would think they are buttery smooth and eat up everything. The Lyriks should definately feel better than your pikes but I doubt either will be as stiff as the boxxers over the rough stuff.

I notice the difference in steering accuracy between my two when stuck in ruts or peak style rock gardens. The Pikes don’t hold me back but the Lyriks give me more confidence. The Lyriks may be a little short for your bullit especially compared to the boxxers,have you thought about Totems?

_tom_
    Free Member

I think the Lyriks would be ok height wise as the Boxxers are old and have a 525mm a2c which is actually shorter than lyriks! Totems would make the front end and BB too high I think. And the Boxxer small bump sensitivity isn’t amazing, they feel a bit dead but take up bigger hits nicely.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I didn’t realise the boxxers would have such a short a-c. The Lyriks sound spot on for you in that case. I find travel adjust really helpful for climbing on a big bike at least you will be able to did uphill with Lyriks.

Northwind

The Lyrik airsprings are really impressive, not quite as good as the coil but far closer than most people would believe. Quite tempted to try the new dualposition myself- my 2-steps were a disaster (obviously!)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Just had my first ride on RS Lyrik DPA's’ is closed to new replies.