Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Just had my first ever shot on a bmx
  • chubstr
    Free Member

(I had a very deprived childhood)

I can’t stop smiling, it was great fun. Now, hypothetically, if I was to splash some readys on a daft fun bike……what bigger sizes would anyone go for? 20inch wheels aren’t going to cut it for my manly 6 foot frame

andysredmini
    Free Member

Yes go for a 20″. Don’t go for a bigger wheel as it’s just a cop out and not a real bmx. You can get bmx’ with longer top tunes that do actually fit taller riders. I have a wethepeople zodiac with a 20.8″ top tube and it fits my 5’11” ness perfectly.
    Many people buy bigger wheel bmx’s because proper Bmx is hard and completely different to mtb. But that’s the appeal for me and the skills learned doing Bmx definitely help out on the mtb trails.

Bregante
    CrispyCSW

6ft 3″ and on a 21″ frame with big bars and it feels great. The bars made a huge difference to the feel for me.

It’s also for sale in the classifieds 😉

CrispyCSW

Bregante beat me to it!

thegman67

I am 48 and had my first go on one 4 weeks ago and loved it. We now go to the skatepark every week

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

i missed out on bmx originally, because they were just getting about to get hot when my parents got me a raleigh grifter!

I brought a cheap Mongoose off the bay to ride to the gym and back, and I love it. Can’t wait for summer! It has a throw away type appeal, i only ride it on footpaths so feel a bit guilty,..but i keep my hood up…lol

I’m of course now hankering after something a bit more plush…

botk
    Free Member

last ride on a bmx, my mongoose supergoose circa 1988, god i got old 🙁

botk
    Free Member

like this but with scruffy kid in his carter usm t-shirt on it.

mintimperial

20inch wheels aren’t going to cut it for my manly 6 foot frame

Yes go for a 20″. Don’t go for a bigger wheel as it’s just a cop out and not a real bmx.

Connor Fields is 6’9″ and won the world champs in 2013 (on a proper BMX, obvs). 20″ is plenty. 😀

zero-cool
    Free Member

Stick with 20 inch wheels, hey take a while to get used to but it’s worth it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Just had my first ever shot on a bmx’ is closed to new replies.