Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Just had a call from company claiming cash is waiting for me.
  • Lakes_Puma

I was involved in a road traffic accident last year when someone drove into me.

Everything was settled as they were totally at fault.

I’ve just had a call from a company claiming a UK law loop hole means that there is cash put aside for me from the other parties insurance company.

What are they going on about?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

They are lying to get you on the hook for a bit of light ambulance chasing.

Someone at your insurance co. has passed your details along. Isn’t that nice of them?

Rockhopper
    Free Member

All you have to do is tell them you were injured by your seat belt. No proof is needed however and you just need to tell then verbally that your were hurt. I told the ones that rang me that i’d be lying if i said I’d been hurt and it was people like them that made my premiums go up each year.
    They went away after that.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

I had a call yesterday from a company asking if I had any kind of hearing loss….. on a terrible line from a noisy room.

I asked them if it was some kind of joke. Apparently not. Reported to TPS in any case.

teadrinker
    Free Member

They are lying to get you on the hook for a bit of light ambulance chasing.

This is true, apparently I was in road traffic accident last year and I was seriously hurt. News to me!!! Ignore them, dodgy folk.

jairaj

I had a similar call a few months back. Nice softly spoken female voice, asking me how I was etc … then asked if I had been in an accident and was badly hurt.

Before I said the ‘O’ in no she had already hung up! pfff Charming! For a minute I thought I was in with a chance. 🙂

Cougar

I was involved in an accident last year, several months later I had half a dozen companies or more suddenly ring me out of the blue in the space of two or three of days, all with the same schtick. I can only assume that at some point my details were “released” by someone.

The gist generally went, they’re “appointed” by either my insurers or the third party insurers and it’s not compensation but “money put aside” (whatever that means). The figure quoted was always somewhere between £1,400 and £1,700, varying between companies. They said they’d take a (sizable) percentage of the payout if I was eligible, and that I’d be charged nothing if not. I was told that if I had slight discomfort at any point within thirty days of the accident then the money would be sent to me.

On the first occasion I thought they were genuinely “appointed” as my insurance goes through an accident management company. The agent was very heavily suggesting that I just say yes to his leading questions and then hey, free money. It was explained that I didn’t need to have seen a doctor, if I’d taken a couple of paracetamol that was sufficient to qualify. And I had taken paracetamol, hadn’t I?

I explained that I wasn’t injured, I was a bit stiff for a couple of days but that’s all. No, I wasn’t hurt; no, I didn’t take paracetamol; yes, I was a bit stiff; no, I didn’t take painkillers, and so on.

I was told that as I’d suffered a bit, I’d be put through to a claim handler. Put on hold for a bit, and transferred to someone else who basically went through the same spiel again. You had a period of discomfort on and off in the first 30 days, didn’t you? Maybe you took paracetamol? Blah blah, I was nothing but honest, by this point I was growing a bit tired of being all but told to agree with them TBH, and said I wasn’t prepared to lie about it. That’s fine, I was told, you experienced mild discomfort in thirty days, I’ll put you through to our solicitor.

On hold a second time, get another bloke. Same line of questioning; were you hurt, no. I was stiff for a couple of days, is all. So you weren’t injured for a minimum period of thirty days? he asked. No, I never said I was. Well then, I’m afraid you’re not eligible, bye.

Half an hour of my life I’ll never get back. I don’t know how likely it would’ve been to actually see any money if I’d agreed with them, but I was shocked at how repeatedly and assertively they encourage you to lie be economical with the truth (and how the eligibility criteria suddenly changed at the 11th hour, are they on commission for referrals?). They tell you there’s no burden of proof, all you need to do is say you popped a few pills, and you really did that didn’t you?!

DezB
    Free Member

I had a call this afternoon. Was an offer to clear my debt (don’t have any).. thing is, it wasn’t even a real person! Some flipping computer generated voice. Told “her” to F Off.

CountZero

I had one of these calls a week or so ago, some woman asking about a recent accident involving someone in my household.
    The only ‘accident’ involving anyone in my house was when my car, parked on a fairly steep hill in Bath one night, moved forward slightly until it came to rest against another car. The handbrake was on, as I regularly park there, but I hadn’t pulled it up to the last notch, and it gradually moved downhill.
    When I got back, I backed the car up, and checked with a torch, and there wasn’t any visible mark on my car, and merely a smudge in the dirt on the other car’s bumper, so I thought no more of it.
    I later had a claim for £350 for damage to the other car! Lying shit! (There was a police notice under my wiper about the car having moved).
    Sadly, I didn’t think to take a photo, which was a mistake.
    Seeing as how both cars were empty, and there was actually no damage to either, it’s difficult to see how a claims company could maintain that someone could claim personal injury compensation, especially as any insurance company info would show that neither car had an occupant.
    Scum, the lot of them.
    And that includes the lying git who claimed against me for non-existent damage.
    👿

twinw4ll
    Free Member

No one ever calls me. 🙁

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Just had a call from company claiming cash is waiting for me.’ is closed to new replies.