Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)
  • Just got this off Red Bull Hardline
  • phunkmaster
    Free Member

Is there an alternative for folk without a suitable vehicle. Happy to park and ride.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Livid about parking.

We’ve reached a new low.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Speeder

This is a wind-up – right? OP just trolling?

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Real or Wind Up it’s all still a very funny read.

bigwill
    Free Member

Put your bike in the back of your vast estate car boot. park a few miles away on whatever surface your 6 inches of clearance can cope with and pedal in. I would suggest putting off road tyres on your mountain bike.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

[img]https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p6pb15199661/p6pb15199661.jpg[/img]
    Jeep Fail 😉
    That 5 series will never be seen again

mikewsmith
    Free Member

might be a short day for those guys
    http://www.vitalmtb.com/news/news/And-Then-There-Were-Ten-Red-Bull-Hardline-Qualifying-Results,1114
    maybe red bull paid them off so they had time to get the cars out 😉

RobHilton
    Free Member

Nice to see Dan A has made it on his own track. Forgot this was on this year. I love spectating hardline – superb track! Real balls-out stuff.

TheGingerOne

No one has complained about the lack of 4G yet then?

mehr
    Free Member

No one has complained about the lack of 4G yet then?

It’ll happen, once they unplug the ebike and charge their phone

Mountain biking has gone full Swinley of late

Trimix
    Free Member

It was a shame so many didnt make the finals, it meant there was far too much of a gap between competitors for the spectators.

On the plus side, the car park had an exit road of plastic temporarily laid down, so that was fine.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Hell of a race, poor bloody tree!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Car park wasn’t that bad, not as bad as the email suggested it might.

Dull day though,

10 riders racing! 2 and 3/4 hour lunch break?

I’ll stay in suburbia next year, watch it on tele.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Did you not even get to chat to
    https://www.facebook.com/yoann.barelli.pro/
    He was meant to be doing some Pink Bike life stuff – his reasons for pulling out seem fine, I guess the others didn’t manage enough in practice to be allowed to compete safely.
    Conditions are conditions and it makes or breaks a race with not much organisers can do about it.
    Racing is always interesting with long breaks in the middle, found it best to watch practice on track and the race from the finish by the bar and a big screen

legend
    Free Member

Dull day though,

Pretty certain that’s how last years report went too

giantalkali
    Free Member

Glad I watched it online, no parking issues aside from squeezing my foreign car past a caravan…

nickc

Watched it on RBTV Looked pretty hardcore, when you see riders like that tip toeing down the course, you know it’s pretty full on…

That tree collision 😯

nickhit3
    Free Member

so how much were people paying all in for turning up/parking/food on the day? It’s the second year I regret not going – despite the reports of boredom!

nickhit3
    Free Member

Glad I watched it online, no parking issues aside from squeezing my foreign car past a caravan…

lol i remember that from the other thread. was it ever established what constituted a ‘foreign’ car in your neighbour’s eyes..?

DezB
    Free Member

RBTV in HD on the chromecast is really good. Got dezbjr round and he actually put the iPad down and watched this. Adam Brayton is my new MTB hero. What a ballsy rider.

giantalkali
    Free Member

i remember that from the other thread. was it ever established what constituted a ‘foreign’ car in your neighbour’s eyes..?

That wasn’t actually me, just trying to be funny, for the bants.

No problems parking round my way

chiefgrooveguru

Claudio was sorely missed on the commentary!

“Greenland is nine seconds back from Seagrave!”

No Rob, he’s nine seconds up on him. GREEN not red.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Adam Brayton is my new MTB hero. What a ballsy rider.

and a damm good lad too, did he bring his paddling pool with him?

nickhit3
    Free Member

Claudio was sorely missed on the commentary!

“Greenland is nine seconds back from Seagrave!”

No Rob, he’s nine seconds up on him. GREEN not red.

True, timing was all over the shop for the first 5 televised riders. I have to say though, I didn’t miss Claudio one bit. Getting a little tired of him- his insight is really lacking imo. He seems to phone in his commentary these days on the WC. The ‘course previews’ of course have their merit but… his commentary is a little meh these days I’ve found, and the clowning is a bit tiresome. Ed Leigh (i think thats who the commentator was at Hardline) by comparison was a breath of fresh air- kept the pace up- and was on the money and paying close attention. I’m not sure you can say the same of Claudio most of the time.

Trimix
    Free Member

I went and while I agree seeing the features in real life puts it into a perspective you don’t get on telly; watching the whole thing on telly is better.

As quite a few riders bailed out and crashed out in practice, there were too few riding on race day. That meant a wait of around 20 mins or more between riders, which for most spectators was not good. I was probably able to see 7 riders in total do various stages, but that took me all day. Most of the day consists of standing on a Welsh hillside with no idea of what or when anything is going to happen, then in a 5 second flash, some bloke fly’s past.

Spectating in real life doesn’t allow you to fast forward the boring bits 🙂

Next year I will watch it on TV and spend the day riding CyB with my mates instead. That way I get to have real fun in Wales, taste the trails and feel the weather, but watch the pros from the comfort of a sofa with a well earned Beer.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I sort of wondered why it was “live” on RBTV at 6pm – I fancied they’d run out of daylight before riders.

Anyway, if you were stuck on a hillside it was short and sweet on TV, just under an hour if you just watched the race.

I like Ed Leigh he worked well with Rob when they did X-Fighters (whatever happened to that?) agree that Claudio isn’t what he was – the course preview is one of the highlights of a WC weekend for me, but he seems to have lost his shine of late – he seems a bit of a broken man since he dared mention that Rachel Atherton might benefit from riding and training with other much faster riders, who are male and her brothers.

DezB
    Free Member

I missed the explaination as to why the start was next to a tree and not off the start ramp. Which parts of the course did they miss out?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Guess would have to be weather
    yep wind
    https://www.pinkbike.com/news/red-bull-hardline-finals-photo-epic-2017.html
    If in doubt read pink bike 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

I guessed that! I just wondered what features could’ve been mad enough to avoid, considering some of the stuff they did do!

Lovely photos on PB 🙂

Northwind

Trimix – Member

Spectating in real life doesn’t allow you to fast forward the boring bits

Never watch american football live!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Spectating in real life doesn’t allow you to fast forward the boring bits

Yep hence why I got the last seat in the shade by the bar for the Worlds in front of the massive TV screen 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

The PB pic of Graeme Mudd doing the road gap – you really don’t get an appreciation of how huge that is on the telly. They make it look so damn easy!

fingerbang
    Free Member

Yeah ed Leigh’s a good commentator and mouthpiece, he did most of the talking on x fighters and Warner seemed quiet in comparison. I thinks he’s an ex pro snowboarder but seems to know his MTB. And yeah what happened to x fighters? No idea what’s going on in FMX anymore

Trimix
    Free Member

I stood next to the road gap and tried to put it into perspective, but there is little to gauge it by. I reckoned it would be like jumping off the top of my two story house.

But they land on a downslope that’s about 45 degrees into a 90 degree RH berm.

Scared me looking at it. God knows what they think as they ride up to the lip – the view they would have is of Welsh mountains, not the landing spot. Not sure just how they judge the speed.

One chaps rear wheel only just made it to lip.

core

I watched the live stream on youtube, it was decent towards the end, waiting to see if the last few riders could take the win, but coverage was a bit of a shambles wasn’t it, timing was way out, and commentators didn’t understand that green means faster until quite late in the day.

Track looked incredible and the riders insane for even attempting it, really impressive, but overall the whole thing was a bit meh really.

DezB
    Free Member

I stood next to the road gap and tried to put it into perspective, but there is little to gauge it by. I reckoned it would be like jumping off the top of my two story house.

And the pics just show so clearly – they’re on a bloody bicycle!

survivor

I did suspect something was a bit off with the event as everyone seemed quiet and a bit bored looking in the finish arena on the RB feed. There was no noise or excitement. Even the riders looked a bit bored!

I guess standing around in the cold waiting for stuff to happens I’ll do that to you.

Trimix
    Free Member

To spice it up they should open the track to spectators with bikes, they can fill in the gaps between the pro runs.

I’m sure there would be a couple of hero’s that think they could have a go 🙂 Spectators would be baying for blood like a Roman amphitheatre audience.

Only downside would be the number of ambulances needed.

AlexSimon

Watched the replay and apart from the timing cockup, thought it was brilliant!

Loved that long tracking shot of them on the moor – we don’t really get to see that normally.

Not hard to see why the British riders do well – most of the videos you see of them in the off-season is on exactly that kind of stuff (big jumps aside) – slippery, rooty clag.

On to Rampage!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Just got this off Red Bull Hardline’ is closed to new replies.