Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • just got mobbed for a petition signature by london cycke campaign
  • Stoner
    Free Member

At Hyde park corner.

Petition for various lorry issues like driver training and lorry “design”. Signed anyway as it’d be raft to have stopped and not signed but can’t say I really agree with their points.

My first demand would be the scrapping of all nearside railings at junctions to give idiot cyclists who find themselves in a spot through stupid cyclecraft have some way of escape.

Educate cyclists in safe cycle craft next till life savers and eye contact are second nature.

Blaming lorry drivers is a cop out IMO.

aP
    Free Member

Fair point, however lorry drivers are severely implicated as the largest cause of death for cyclists innlomdon whilst being a small proportion of overall traffic.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What about lorry drivers what overtake you then turn left, leaving you nowhere to escape to if there’s railings?

khani
    Free Member

I drove hgv’s round London for a bit, I’m amazed there aren’t dozens killed every day, some of the cyclists have a death wish, but on the other hand some drivers should be done for attempted murder
    Both sides need educating IMO, and I agree about railings but then idiot pedestrians would be running out in the road as well, you can’t win
    At the end of the day the roads and pavement aren’t big enough to fit everyone on at the same time without demolishing most of London and starting again

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘just got mobbed for a petition signature by london cycke campaign’ is closed to new replies.