Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Van just got clipped by an Army Truck
  • SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Driving home from work. Pulled over to let army convoy through and rear of my van got clipped by a truck. Fixed bike rack twisted off the back of the van. Tacoed rear wheel on my bike. Van is OK apart from a scuff to bumper, bit of a dent to the tailgate and rear light pulled out.

Driver didn’t notice and drove off. Didn’t get a number or anything.

No idea who to contact – MoD website not much use.

Anyone any ideas – is there an MoD liaison unit on Dartmoor?

andymac
    Free Member

Okehampton Battle Camp is the nearest unit. Tel No: 01837 52241. First point of contact would be the guard room. They should be able to help you, if nothing else to report the incident.

maccruiskeen

I think they call this Collateral Damage 🙂

andyl
    Free Member

Good job it wasn’t a tank (jump to 1.39)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5eTLoiQi-E[/video]

Sui
    Free Member

DST Leconsfield might be worth a go, though I think reporting it to plod and insurer is the best thing as they will have a liason with the Army – all they will ask is date, time, location and reg no (I know you don’t have it). then let the self insuring machine payout..

franksinatra

Police, doesn’t matter if they are army, still committed offence

tomd
    Free Member

Yep collision and failing to stop, report to police in first instance.

Sandwich

Many years back the ladder from a Stalwart made its entrance through the side window of our school bus. That was an exciting morning.

smg13
    Free Member

Police, tell them where and when, type of vehicle as all MOD vehicles carry what is called a works ticket which must be signed for every journey so they will even know who was driving it.

jon1973
    Free Member

Give them a call and ask them what their major malfunction is. If they argue tell them that their mouth is writing cheques their body can’t cash.

dabble
    Free Member

Don’t expect to get the truth when you ring them. You can’t handle the truth.

parkesie
    Free Member

Woops sorry :). As said contact the police and go from there they will know the local units quite well i should imagine.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Cheers guys. I don’t neccessarily want to drop anyone in the cack as I believe the driver was genuinely unaware. But by the same token I don’t fancy shelling out of my own pocket to put it right. If I can’t manhandle it back into shape the Fiamma rack is going to cost a fair bit.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Van just got clipped by an Army Truck’ is closed to new replies.