Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Just got back from A and E :(
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

That’ll teach me to sneak off 30 min early from work. Rocks don’t move. Saw some pretty pink and green stars, suspected broken hand (thankfully badly bruised) skin missing from most of the right side of my face and the small matter of 5 stitches inside my mouth where I tried to bite my way out of it. I love mountain biking 😆

Kevevs
    Free Member

ouch 🙁

Jamie
    Free Member

My money was on a handstand related injury.

carlos
    Free Member

Ooo, I bet thats sore

Get some pics up then

Onzadog
    Free Member

At least a&e shouldn’t be too busy on a rainy midweek evening. Was it QMC?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh that’s a shame etc…

Yeah get some pics up! Sod the sympathy, we want gore! 😀

wrightyson
    Free Member

No derby royal and as I said to the mrs thankfully I was in before 7 which missed all the after work footy injuries! Doc was great and thoroughly enjoyed taking the piss along with the wife!!!

CountZero

That’s going to sting in the morning. Make sure you don’t turn over during the night or your face might stick to the pillow. 😈

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Make sure you don’t turn over during the night or your face might stick to the pillow.

Mate of mine at uni; got hammered one night, fell over and his face got all mash up, came home, went to bed, woke up next morning with the pillow actually stuck to his face. He had to get in the shower and soak it off. Proper nasty. He got through a LOT of Germolene.

I, of course, being the kind, caring, considerate little soul that I am, thought it was proper funny. 😀

wrightyson
    Free Member

Derbyshires finest gritstone has the same abrasion qualities as top of the range sand paper 😯

molgrips
    Free Member

The very best thing about facial injuries is going to work the following day. I grazed a large part of my cheek and neck although only lightly (the other injuries were much worse – the cracked rib, the agonising wrist for weeks possibly cracked or something) but it looked fairly horrific. The genuine shock on the faces of my colleagues was quite satisfying 🙂

Pyro

Yup. Imagine turning up at the Student Medical Practice on a Tuesday morning with second degree burns across one side of your face. Needless to say, lectures for the next couple of weeks were hilarity-ridden…

molgrips
    Free Member

How did you get.. oh wait.. your username, I see.

Drac

Pyro – Member

Yup. Imagine turning up at the Student Medical Practice on a Tuesday morning with second degree burns across one side of your face. Needless to say, lectures for the next couple of weeks were hilarity-ridde

Well that’s what you get for being a Pyro. If you’d been a demoman then you’d only need worry about the post-it note with a smiley on being stuck to your genitalia.

bikebouy
    Free Member

OMG the DRI, flippin ek I know that hospital.. hahahaa

I broke my foot whilst windsurfing a couple of years ago, bitter cold December day (last of the strong westerlies and last wavehead day out before xmas) Jumped, landed wrong, busted foot, sailed back in, chucked gear int he Van, drove to Sotty General, spent half hour in A&E in a wheelchair, patched up and plastered up, out within the hour..
    Glad I vivited in the early afternoon rather than the evening mind.

yunki
    Free Member

photos or it didn’t happen..

Proper nasty. He got through a LOT of Germolene.

when my little brother turned 18 he decided to mark it by getting traditionally ‘stewed, screwed and tattooed’

He managed the stewed and tattooed bit.. however being so horrendously ugly and stupid he couldn’t find anybody desperate enough to oblige him with the screwed bit..

I digress..
    He got a pretty whopping (for a first tattoo) kind of art deco/tribal looking thing that covered his right pec.. We got royally drunk and ended up kipping on the floor of some vague aquaintance’s squat after shinning up a drainpipe..
    My poor lil’ bro woke up in his underpants with his chest stuck firmly to filthy shagpile..
    gross

emsz
    Free Member

Dad had hernia op ages and ages ago, woke up with awful smell, and stuck to the sheets, they’d left some swabs inside, and it all burst.

Yuck

wrightyson
    Free Member

Oh it did happen. Otherwise my face has been pumped up in the night!! 😐

binners

SNAP! Sounds incredibly similar to my little …ahem… mishap last year. 5 stitches under my nose where my teeth made a bid for freedom. Blood everywhere! ‘multi-directional lacerations’ I believe is the correct medical term. Suspected broken wrist too (wasn’t in the end). I was so dazed, It didn’t hurt too much. It bloody did when the adrenaline wore off!!

My scars didn’t turn out too bad. The worst bit is trying not to pick the numerous scabs! 🙁

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Just got back from A and E :(’ is closed to new replies.