Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Just got a spam text…
  • TimP
    Free Member

And want STW advice on how to deal with it…

it offers £3750 compo for an accident (which I haven't had – yet!). It claims to be free and if I reply yes I can claim or to opt out send stop.

What would you all do? if I reply at all will I be opening up to loads of spam/be charged for ringtones etc

The number is 07510800538, which doesn't come up with any google hits

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Quick – throw your phone in the toilet and flush it away before it starts to upload all your bank details and passwords off your computer.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

You really have to ask?

titusrider
    Free Member

this was in the metro a couple of days ago, widespread scam

Keva
    Free Member

delete

wwaswas

Quick – throw your phone in the toilet and flush it away before it starts to upload all your bank details and passwords off your computer.

too late, it's already added the 'gullability' gene to his dna…

Jellybaby
    Free Member

Delete but keep a note of the number you can report it and your network should be able do a search to see which company its from. You can block your number from spam texts and cold calling, you'll have to google this i can't remember which site you need, sorry 😳

Jamie
    Free Member

You really have to ask?

Apparently so.

Drac

Post you phone number I'll do a trace and block the sender for you.

sofatester
    Free Member

I've inadvertently just dialled the number. Now I’m broke, living on the street and minus a kidney.

Delete it quick before you meet the same fate!

coffeeking
    Free Member

My other half got spam text from a number for about 36 hours, one every 10 mins or so. Deleted every time. Eventually they gave up.

TimP
    Free Member

OK I would like to point out that I was never going to try and claim, I just wasn't sure how the scam worked, but I would like to thank you all for your concern!!

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Reply STOP and see if they do.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Just got a spam text…’ is closed to new replies.