• This topic has 19 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Rex.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Just got a roll of film developed and ……..
  • knottie8
    Free Member

……………. got two reasonable pinhole pics from thirty six shots taken. Comments ?

jam-bo

i like the second one (dartmoor?) but the first one is out of focus and looks like its from the eighties…

knottie8
    Free Member

yes its the moor but neither are out of focus ! They are pinhole images.

jam-bo

you can still get focus with pinhole cameras….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Was anyone else hoping for something a little more from this thread?

😉

knottie8
    Free Member

Jambo
    How ? its just a pin hole in a lense cap .

edit
    The first pic was hand held so maybe a little camera shake and its scanned from a neg so … maybe thats why.

jam-bo

which is an aperture, and as such has a focal point and corresponding depth of field associated with it….

working out where it is, is another matter entirely….

knottie8
    Free Member

i didnt think pinholes had any depth of field (pretty much upclose to infinity anyway)

jam-bo

well yeah, because the aperture is generally so small.

there will still be a point of focus though. i guess related to the focal length of the pinhole relative to the film.

Smee
    Free Member

Comments – what the hell are you doing outside the Quantocks?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

which is an aperture, and as such has a focal point and corresponding depth of field associated with it….

nope, no focal length, it's just a hole.

knottie8
    Free Member

cheers Simon. the hole is just a needle prick in a bit of coke can ,taped to a body cap.

Goan
    I often sneak down to Dartmoor but Qs tomorrow and Im never without a camera of some sort.

Coyote
    Free Member

Capt. I think we both came in here with similar expectations and both left disappointed.

What's the beer tonight?

knottie8
    Free Member

Coyote
    I always post a pic or two on the weekend but what were you expecting ? Maybe I have that kind of pic aswell 😉

Rex
    Free Member

That second shot is a fantastic pinhole image.

epicsteve
    Free Member

cheers Simon. the hole is just a needle prick in a bit of coke can ,taped to a body cap.

I've used the same technique although I used a DSLR rather than a film camera. It worked ok however one downside is that the massive DOF shows up any spots of dirt on the sensor.

jam-bo

nope, no focal length, it's just a hole.

as is any lens when you break it down.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

as is any lens when you break it down.

a normal lens has an aperture, but also glass to refract the light. A pinhole combines collimation with diffraction, producing a blob of light about the same size as the pinhole for each object point, with a fuzzy halo from the diffraction. There is no focal length as such, but the apparent sharpness of the image increases as the film distance from the pinhole increases, at the cost of reduced relative aperture (brightness)

knottie8
    Free Member

Rex
    its about time you got out with your camera ! Thats Nunns cross farm taken at 10sec exposure with some out of date 35mm 200 film.
    a couple more pinhole pics

Rex
    Free Member

Rex
    its about time you got out with your camera !

we're off to morocco next week – becca's taking the 5D so I'll get her to check she's packed the pinhole you made as well. can't wait, it should be amazing over there…no mtb-ing unfornately…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Just got a roll of film developed and ……..’ is closed to new replies.