Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Just gone full enduro
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Am I doing it right?

No pack this year.

legend
    Free Member

No, tube folding is too messy.

maxtorque

Well i guess it shows your bike is well set up for VERY steep descents….. 😆

thestabiliser
    Free Member

At least its pointing downhill

matt_outandabout

What colour shorts and top with that orange bike?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Probably wrap it tighter and smaller.
    Will it catch your legs there?

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Enduro = tubeless
    Inner tube taped to frame = XC mincer

legend
    Free Member

This also true ^ should really have a pre-loaded tubeless anchovy taped on there

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Black shorts , grey top (as most of my tops are grey) bright pink socks that scream ‘look at me and my badly folded tube’

I am tubeless , tube is …. A spare ….?

cookeaa

Wouldn’t it be neater if you wedged the tube and some CO2 carts in the smaller triangle formed by the seat tube brace?

No pack this year.

Might also allow you to use a bottle cage…

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Bottle and cage won’t fit with an #enduro shock. I have a back protector that can carry a little of water plus there are fuel stops. I thought about the triangle yes but reverb cable runs there , not sure about a neat solution for attaching the tube there either . May well test though

joshvegas
    Free Member

Innertubes go under the saddle with a toestrap.

Discipline irrelevant.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Well…. Really it depends on your helmet / eye protection combo:

cookeaa

I thought 500ml bottles and side entry cages or retasked TT aero efforts were bang on with #enduro trendz…

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

if tubeless no need for tube 😉

zelak999
    Free Member

Would of used electrical tape rather than gaffa tape! That’ll be a bitch to get off!!
    Oh, and cut that white cable tie flush before you have a nasty accident!

shifter
    Free Member

No pack this year but you have a back protector that holds water?

breadcrumb

Would of used electrical tape rather than gaffa tape! That’ll be a bitch to get off!!

Aye, that duct tape will be a right ol’mare to get off the top tube.

What are you using to blow the tube up with?

beano68
    Free Member

Fanny packs rocks !

Rorschach
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAKG-kbKeIo[/video]

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I did a quick test of the duct tape . It’s stuck on to the frame which is covered in Invisitape. Comes off fine but yeah leccy tape would be better .

Co2 cannister to inflate

Pawsey bear and josh Vegas excellent trolling 🙂

gravity-slave
    Free Member

CofG too high. Put it near the bb for mass centralisation.

DezB
    Free Member

Couldn’t you have zip tied* it to the saddle rails? Looks dead scruffy with that tape.

*everyone has qr zip ties, right?

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Then tape some side cutters to the down tube to remove the zip ties…

I like having useful stuff with me – my mate scoffs at the weight of my pack. The other day, I pulled my coat out of it, whilst he got wet. The other week, his shock was sagging, so I pulled out my shock pump. A few weeks before that, I pulled out some cable ties to strap his shifter back on.

I’m not sure who’s the mug 😐

Hopk1ns
    Free Member

You carry a shock pump!

Euro
    Free Member

I’ve only just gone ‘all mountain’ but always carry a couple of tubes on my bike craftily hidden inside the tyres. Planning the upgrade to enduro in the next year season or two.

kayak23

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – Member
    I like having useful stuff with me – my mate scoffs at the weight of my pack. The other day, I pulled my coat out of it, whilst he got wet. The other week, his shock was sagging, so I pulled out my shock pump. A few weeks before that, I pulled out some cable ties to strap his shifter back on.

This.

I always wear a backpack. It’s my back protector and you can carry stuff you might need in it without making your bike look like it’s been covered in glue then rolled in Halfords.

A mate who’s dead chuffed at riding without a pack now asked if I’d carry his sweeties in my pack while we ride.
    I told him to do one….

Blummin enduroists… 🙄

sofaboy73
    Free Member

And the tyre levers, where do they go? Or should I not ask

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I have taped them to my shins to act as mini shin pads

singlespeedstu

This kind of reminds me of a story that was told to me by a company owner/guide about someone that didn’t want to carry their own lunch up a mountain because it would ” give them a sweaty back if they had to carry a pack”
    The owner/guides solution?
    Ducktape the baguette to the moaning bastards toptube. 😀
    The result was that on the next days ride the moaning bastard wore a pack and never mentiond the conversation from the day before.
    Lucy, you rock 8)

You carry a shock pump!

Yep, it comes in handy occasionally, weighs sod all and I ride with a Camelbak Mule, so tons of space

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

TAFKAStr Do you race with a shock pump?

Enduro update :

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Alpinestars Evolution jacket with back protector. Spare tube and box of tools stashed in the rear pockets, CO2 cartridge, tyre levers, phone and car key stashed in Madison Zenith shorts pockets, bottle on the bike. Sorted.

TAFKA Str? Do you race with a shock pump?

Give over – me, race? Nah, was just talking in general.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’d probably do enduro with a shock pump. Plenty of time to tweak the bike between timed sections no?

jamesoz
    iain1775
    Free Member

Alpinestars Evolution jacket with back protector. Spare tube and box of tools stashed in the rear pockets, CO2 cartridge, tyre levers, phone and car key stashed in Madison Zenith shorts pockets, bottle on the bike. Sorted.

That lot is going to hurt when you fall off and land on your side
    Wouldn’t it be easier and just as sweaty as a back protector to just put it all on your back, in a rucksack with 2l of water between

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Just gone full enduro’ is closed to new replies.