Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Just found this old Kona Stab on ebay – what a disgrace
  • matlockmeat
    Free Member

Who are these people trying to con lol.
    Pay particular attention to the forks, bars, brakes, rear wheel and how it is fixed in!

It has been absolutely ruined.

Worth about £5 in that state its in.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Kona-Stab-Project-Bike-needs-finishing-/120713107206?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item1c1b0fd706

matlockmeat
    Free Member

also pretty sure this is a 1998 kona stab from however seller claims its a 2008! I am still laughing after reading his ad.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

by project I asssume he means built out of bits found in my garage and at the tip?! He refers to crank and headstock bearings too which is more motorcycle than bicycle terminology.
    Maybe he’s trying to end his run of positive feedback?!

jam-bo

I’d write to my MP.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Apart from being quite ropey and laughably overpriced, what have I missed?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Write to the Daily Mail too

kaesae
    Free Member

Feebay, nothing new! 😯

crankbreaker

Surely it’s worth £500 for the seat alone, especially if you get it time for the celebrations on Friday! Though you can probably get it on sale if you wait until after!

matlockmeat
    Free Member

PJM1974 look at the rear wheel. It’s bolted on FFS, like what you would find on an Asda special at £49.99.
    As well as that most of the components look like they were taken off an Apollo that had been found in a scrap yard.

juiced
    Free Member

the owners probably only 14 or so and has done his best with paper round money.probably used most of his budget buying the frame second hand off a mate and bought bits and bobs for it later. not everyone is loaded you know.the starting price is high though so i see your point.

mrmo
    Free Member

have a look at his other listings, has a lot of bikes for sale? may be legit but…

previous history is models, dolls houses then suddenly a few bikes, that are wrong. Maybe i am getting overly cynical about ebay these days

Kevevs
    Free Member

buy it, ride it.

walleater

Just don’t engage the rear brake…..

matlockmeat
    Free Member

Exactly WallEater, glad you spotted it had no rear disc.
    This bit from the description made me laugh in particular.

From what I can tell if you finish this off it should be worth between £400 + depending on your final spec and much much more if fitted with the best forks and wheels etc.

I used to own one if the frames back in 1999 and it was s great bike.
    Did a few downhill races on it.

For someone to ruin a bike in this way is really sad and spoils it’s good name. I think this kid should stick to Apollo’s

Wozza
    Free Member

For someone to ruin a bike in this way is really sad and spoils it’s good name. I think this kid should stick to Apollo’s

Steady on. I’d agree with juiced above, I reckon it’s a kid with bugger all budget (and definitely no taste) since he’s blown it all on the frame, you should have seen the bottom of the line, parts bin shit I had to put on my 1993 Marin hardtail to get it running.

He’s never gonna get that kind of money for it though!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Just found this old Kona Stab on ebay – what a disgrace’ is closed to new replies.