Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Just eaten my first Twinkie
  • Harry_the_Spider

FFS. My vision has gone strange and my palms are sweating. How can people eat these things?

jambalaya
    Free Member

America is very good at a lot of things. Confectionary is not one of them.

Drac

What was in your Twinkie? They’re just a cream sponge with fake cream in them.

GrahamS

Umm… is this a euphemism?

maccruiskeen

Just eaten my first Twinkie

First of many? 🙂

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Umm… is this a euphemism?

Yup. 100% talking about penises.

fasthaggis

Some people care a lot about Twinkies

Drac

stumpy01

I had one years ago when over in the US for a week with work.

I remember hearing the name in a film – The Goonies I think, when Chunk is tied up with Sloth.
    Anyway – they had them in the vending machines, so I thought I have to try one……bleurgh…..not the best decision I’ve made.

God knows what is in that weird plasticky sweet goop inside. Possibly the most fake & chemically thing I’ve ever eaten…..

Harry_the_Spider

Yup. 100% talking about penises.

Not in this case, but I suspect the levels of regret would be similar.

chubstr
    Free Member

tomhoward

Was it a genuine Twinkie, or a 3rd party copy, since the company went bust?

Fans of the originals claim them to be ‘just not the same’. Apparently boxes of the proper ones were going for $1200 a go…

Harry_the_Spider

60 minutes in and it is starting to wear off.

Never again. Ever.

convert

The popularity of the twinkie is all you need to know to know everything you need to know about our classless , uncultured , ill educated, simpleton cousins from across the pond. They make the pot noodle seem like a nutritional nirvana.

Sandwich

They make the pot noodle seem like a nutritional nirvana.

It is and always has been!

DrJ

What was in your Twinkie?

Sugar. Lots and lots and lots of sugar.

thegreatape
    Free Member

It is and always has been!

Is it ****. It’s a flower pot containing a load of shoelaces and grit.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

just not the same

I have eaten an “original” Twinkie and can confirm they are absolutely minging.

Like a dish sponge that has been used to clean up the bottling machine at the trans-fat factory and then filled with the emulsion that has formed on the moving parts of said bottling machine. Then dipped in HFCS to try and temper the grease.

user-removed
    Free Member

the company went bust?

The popularity of the twinkie is all you need to know to know everything you need to know about our classless , uncultured , ill educated, simpleton cousins from across the pond

Not that popular then, eh?

Now, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. Nom.

DrJ

Now, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. Nom.

Bleurgh.

For once in his life jamba is 100% correct – US confectionery is horrid.

There is a passage in 1984 where Winston Smith eats chocolate that he describes as tasting like burned cinders (IIRC). At the time I wondered how you could make chocolate nasty. Then I tried a Hershey bar.

retro83
    Free Member

OP got twinkie and twink mixed up perhaps?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

The popularity of the twinkie is all you need to know to know everything you need to know about our classless , uncultured , ill educated, simpleton cousins from across the pond

At the risk of pissing off, Binners. Are you aware of Greggs?

corroded
    Free Member

Justin’s Peanut Butter Cups are where it’s at.

You need a PhD in Chemistry to understand the ingredients list of a Twinkie.

billybadger
    Free Member

I’m a bit of a chocoholic, so years ago (before you could buy them over here) my wife managed to get hold of a proper Hershey’s chocolate bar from the States, and put it in the bottom of my stocking at Christmas.
    Having seen them mentioned in films and books over the years I was really excited about trying one, took a big bite…..

…and thought someone had puked in my mouth.

Seriously it tasted like vomit. It was disgusting.
    Rest went in the bin. Never touched one again.

sbob
    Free Member

Did someone say “Twinkie wiener sandwich”?

😀

mikey74
    Free Member

The popularity of the twinkie is all you need to know to know everything you need to know about our classless , uncultured , ill educated, simpleton cousins from across the pond. They make the pot noodle seem like a nutritional nirvana.

If your aim there was to make yourself look a complete idiot, then well done: Job done!

I grew up in the US and I’m not much of a fan of Twinkies, or that kind of stuff. My brother loves them, though, especially Reese’s peanut butter cups (although I suspect that may be more to do with childhood nostalgia than anything else).

I do like the Family Guy assertion that Twinkies will be the only foodstuff left after a nuclear holocaust :mrgreen:

convert

No, the main aim was to say that twinkies are rank, and far too many Americans fit my description. Are you tainted too? Actually scratch that – that’s a bit like asking a madman if they are mad; they can’t tell.

mechanicaldope

…and thought someone had puked in my mouth.
    Seriously it tasted like vomit

100% concur. Absolutely vile. What I don’t understand is some people who genuinely appear to like it.

dudeofdoom

Now the milky Hershy and the white choc and cookies aren’t bad its
    the normal bar which is a bit er soapy…

I dont mind twinkies thou…acquired taste.

redthunder
    Free Member

B&M had Ghostbuster Twinkies with real slime…

I just walked away 🙁

Pigface
    Free Member

Hersheys is made using “soured milk”, it is just different process and seemingly only popular in America. Canadian Hersheys is different, as are Hersheys kisses.

Lots of ok confectionery in the States but one thing I just think is vile are Corndogs, dear Lord they are horrible.

Notter
    Free Member

Hershy – rank
    Reeses – rank
    Twinkies – rank

Jolly Rancher boiled sweets – Nom….(apart from the Blueberry flavour!)

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Enriched Bleached Wheat Flour [Flour, Reduced Iron, B Vitamins (Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate (B1), Riboflavin (B2), Folic Acid)], Corn Syrup, Sugar, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Water, Partially Hydrogenated Vegetable and/or Animal Shortening (Soybean, Cottonseed and/or Canola Oil, Beef Fat), Whole Eggs, Dextrose. Contains 2% or Less of: Modified Corn Starch, Glucose, Leavenings (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Baking Soda, Monocalcium Phosphate), Sweet Dairy Whey, Soy Protein Isolate, Calcium and Sodium Caseinate, Salt, Mono and Diglycerides, Polysorbate 60, Soy Lecithin, Soy Flour, Cornstarch, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Sorbic Acid (to Retain Freshness), Yellow 5, Red 40.

’nuff said

Cougar

So fortified flour (ie, it has added vitamins), sugars, water, fats, eggs, and a bunch of trace ingredients. Sounds like cake to me.

DrJ

Are you feeling depressed?

http://www.snopes.com/legal/twinkie.asp

teasel
    Free Member

Tried one a few years back after wanting/craving from way back – y’know; at the back of DC comics.

Like a dish sponge that has been used to clean up the bottling machine at the trans-fat factory and then filled with the emulsion that has formed on the moving parts of said bottling machine. Then dipped in HFCS to try and temper the grease.

So well put.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/

Rather him than me…

batfink
    Free Member

Ah yes, the hershey’s “kisses”….

Half-eaten bags of which have been sitting on top of filing cabinets across the land, courtesy of well-meaning middle-managers on their way back from some jolly to the US, since time immemorial

You remind yourself that they are minging, and you’re going to give them a wide berth….. but you see the bag there on a Thursday afternoon, and you think “they can’t have been THAT bad, it’s chocolate after all, right?”.

And then you eat one…. and you pull the same face that everyone pulls when they were tricked into eating one because they had forgotten that they taste like arse water.

NEVER FORGET

(I once sat next to an opened bag of kisses for two years and observed this ritual many times….. I did try to warn people, but I believe their previous hershey experience was so traumatic that they had completely erased it from memory to avoid PTSD – and so they didn’t believe me)

GrahamS
    gofasterstripes
    Free Member

No rads, can’t be that bad. Seem impervious to aging 😀

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Are people on here seriously suggesting that they suffered quantifiable negative effects from a bit of cake and artificial cream..? Need to get over yourselves, i reckon..

Ps. Malaysian Twiggies are where it’s at, particularly the tiramisu flavour 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Just eaten my first Twinkie’ is closed to new replies.