Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Just discovered that my entire Photobucket album is accessible to the public!
  • globalti
    Free Member

Eight months ago on here in a discussion on DIY I posted a pic from my Photobucket album. Now, doing a Google Images search on the same topic I came across my picture, from Singletrack, and when I clicked “view image” it took me to my Photobucket album from where I was able to click sideways and view all my own family photos!

Help! How can I prevent this?

hammyuk
    Free Member

Might not be public as you can see your own pics.
    Check by logging out to see if it’s still viewable.
    If it is just go to settings, and change the status to private.

kayak23

Of course, when you change the access to ‘private’, it means you can’t link to those images and have them show up in a thread or whatever. what you need is an album that you keep public and stick pics in there you want to link to…

DezB
    Free Member

Top right – User Settings, Privacy. At the bottom – Album privacy.

Bit dozy to not realise that publicly posted pics were accessible publicly, I must say!

tenfoot

I noticed mine was like that too a couple of weeks back. I set the album up for private view only. Last night I posted a picture on here and again, my whole album could be seen. Again I changed the setting to private and that seems to have fixed it……..until the next time

trail_rat
    Free Member

No idea about phoobucket but with picasa you can keep albums private or public or viewable go anyone with link.

And you can hide the rest of the album from a linked photo also. Fiddle with settigs illl be surprised if photobucket didnt do this also.

globalti
    Free Member

Thanks. I’ve set it to Private, logged out then tried the same trick again and it’s worked.

All you have to do is reverse delete the actual picture ID in the picture address string and Bingo! You’re in.

DezB
    Free Member

tenfoot – create folders for private pics and set the privacy on those albums.
    Anything you want to upload to link on a thread, default is upload to “Your bucket” which will be public.

hammyuk
    Free Member

The folder will still be private even if you link to a particular picture.
    You get to see the folder because you are logged in.
    Try posting a pic and then viewing it logged out.

GrahamS

Tip: Use “Private Browsing Mode” in your preferred web browser to check what others can see. Saves logging out and in all the time to check.

I do the same thing to check up on what is publicly viewable on Facebook, LinkedIn etc

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Bet you’ve got 847 Facebook “friends” as well… 🙄

scaredypants

That’s just nasty, MrWoppit – nobody’s that unpopular 😯

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Just discovered that my entire Photobucket album is accessible to the public!’ is closed to new replies.