Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Just discoverd I've been overcharged over £2000 by Ikea!
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Seems my luck is def not in at the moment – after missing a tornado at our house as we were out at Ikea I’ve just looked at my bank statement and noticed that I’ve been charged £2338 although we only purchased items to the value of about £100 😯
    Spoken to the Halifax are saying there’s nowt they can do as they paid the amount that was requested. Now in a phone queue with Ikea but I’m getting a sinking feeling as I don’t have the receipt.

bearnecessities

Holy crap. Good luck!!

McHamish
    Free Member

The tills are sometimes a little confusing at Ikea!

Did the guy in front of you have loads of stuff to purchase?

About £2k worth?

nealglover
    Free Member

Did you look at the screen when you put you PIN into the machine. ?

(Have you checked the kitchen, to make sure it’s not a new one ?!)

sharkbait
    Free Member

No one at the till when we got there – don’t remember there being much on the reciept and of course I didn’t check the amount before putting my pin in.

spacemonkey

Hmm, without a receipt that might be a tricky one. If it was a very recent purchase, is it worth asking to check CCTV (of aisles) so they can work out what you bought?

bails

Do you know what time and date you were there?

Could they still have the CCTV? £2k of stuff would take up a lot of space!

Jamie
    Free Member

Have you checked to see if the shed is full of meatballs?

wwaswas

For £2k I’d be in my car on the way to the store, not holding in a phone queue.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Ikea should be able to produce a duplicate receipt from the transaction as this sort of thing is recorded, perhaps a visit in person to speak to the manager or call store to make an appointment would work better.

sharkbait
    Free Member

🙂

I know pretty exactly when we were there.

sharkbait
    Free Member

For £2k I’d be in my car on the way to the store, not holding in a phone queue.

Can’t go today but will be on my way over in the morning if I don’t get a satisfactory reply today.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Was it the Croydon branch?
    There’s some big chimneys there.

zippykona

You are ringing the doorbell of hell on earth.
    Good luck.

nealglover
    Free Member

Good point, a new kitchen would be easy to spot I suppose. Don’t know what I was thinking :mrgreen:

But 2000 bags of meatballs on top of the lawnmower would be almost invisible unless you were specifically looking for them.

pictonroad

*shudders at the thought of having to deal with Ikea by phone. 😐

Can you engage teh services of checky testicles man, give him a real problem to get his fingers into.

unto the breach..

nealglover
    Free Member

If you do have to make a trip there tomorrow, check your expenses policy before you go.

They have “onsite catering” so you probably won’t be able to claim for lunch.

Just a heads up :mrgreen:

warton
    Free Member

You are ringing the doorbell of hell on earth.

amen to that, I won’t go into the dispute i got into over the mis-selling of a wardrobe, and how it could be set up.

but, ask for the refund in hotdogs, that’s about 3,000 of the little beauties

plyphon
    Free Member

My card would be swiftly declined if it was asked to pay over 2k.

Thats what the credit card is for. As if you’d spend over 2k on a debit card.

weeksy

I had a shitstorm when we bought £700 of wardrobes… I asked them to deliver…

However, it was 3 miles further away to our house than it was to the Southampton store, so apparently we should have bought it in Southampton..

I was not impressed.

zilog6128

don’t remember there being much on the reciept and of course I didn’t check the amount before putting my pin in.

Is it possible it’s a bank/computer error rather than that much actually being on the receipt? Sales assistants ALWAYS verbally tell you how much they’re asking you to pay, if it had been 2k you’d have said WTF even if your mind was elsewhere!

Gary_M
    Free Member

If they overcharged you £2200 then the specific till you paid at would be over by that amount at the end of the day surely? I would have thought the cash office would have then investigated the amount over and traced the payment back to you.

Unless you paid for another persons tat.

£220 worth of ikea hot dogs, mmmmmmm

sharkbait
    Free Member

After 50 mins in a queue I’m through and they’ve pulled up my receipt and it shows one dinner plate @ £2338.05!!

Annabelle is sounding very sheepish on the other end of the phone and has said that it’s “completely rediculous”.

I asked if I owed them a further £10000 as I’d actually bought 5 of the plates – she didn’t really see the funny side 😉

Waiting for a call back.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Is it possible it’s a bank/computer error rather than that much actually being on the receipt? Sales assistants ALWAYS verbally tell you how much they’re asking you to pay, if it had been 2k you’d have said WTF even if your mind was elsewhere!

Halifax already checked the encrypted data and both sets match so they said not their problem (which it wasn’t in fairness).
    Self-checkout till no ‘that’ll be £2338.05 please’….. WTF!! moment.

franksinatra

I asked if I owed them a further £7500 as I’d actually bought 5 of the plates

Then take the other plates back and they should give you a £7500 refund!

edlong
    Free Member

Waiting for a call back.

Good luck with that.

bencooper
    Free Member

Sounds like a data entry error in their database or something – very odd.

One bike supplier who shall remain nameless once made a mistake charging my Amex card – instead of typing £3000 into the machine, they typed in £13000, and being Amex it didn’t bounce. That was fun to sort out.

nealglover
    Free Member

I asked if I owed them a further £10000 as I’d actually bought 5 of the plates

You bought five plates ?

Who buys plates in Odd Numbers ! ?

Weirdo.

franksinatra

I asked if I owed them a further £7500 as I’d actually bought 5 of the plates

asked if I owed them a further £10000 as I’d actually bought 5 of the plate

Hmmmmmm. crafty edit with numbers there. Not sure who to trust now….

Jamie
    Free Member

If they don’t fill your shed with meatballs* after a mistake like that, I’ll eat my flat packed hat.

*This is not a euphemism.

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

Likes offsite catering, sheds full of meatballs, and good resolutions.

andytherocketeer

Blimey.

My best was a sarnie shop with a manual till where you type in the numbers. Bought a few sarnies and a drink, and she must have hit the multiply button and or hit the .00 button an extra time or something.

Was a shock when the total came up as 2 grand or something insane.

warton
    Free Member

Jamie,

it should be a euphemism. what for god only knows….

footflaps

I wouldn’t worry, it will all get resolved in the end, just be a bit tedious.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’s swap the meatballs for the gravilax I thank you… and a couple of bottles of schnaps..

😉

maccruiskeen

one dinner plate @ £2338.05!!

Unexpected item in bagging area

DezB
    Free Member

one dinner plate @ £2338.05!!

Surely that’s a reasonable price for a dinner plate on STW. Shoes for £360, I ask ya.

sharkbait
    Free Member

It seems to have given the Ikea customer services department something to chat about!
    Just had another phone call and they’ve agreed to a full refund in a combination of hot dogs and meat balls – as a gesture of goodwill they’re not charging for delivery 8)

So all ended [reasonably] happily apart from me having to wait 50 mins to talk to someone on the phone. Serves me right for having some money in my account – any other day this year and it would have been declined 🙁

wwaswas

how disappointingly decent of them…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yeah, I at least expected Customer Services to send around a truck load of thier buscuits and schnaps..

If I were you I’d get back onto them, right now…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Just discoverd I've been overcharged over £2000 by Ikea!’ is closed to new replies.