Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Just cooked my first Sunday roast on the Weber. How easy was that, even for me?
  • choppersquad
    Free Member

Leg of lamb.
    Chuck it in.
    Walk away for an hour and a half.
    Lovely smokey tasty meat.
    No one dead yet.
    Pork next week!
    Might need some more ‘roast’ recipes to try.

joolsburger
    Free Member

The Webber is a work of genius. Try kleftico next time, wrap lamb in foil on a bed of potato with loads of garlic, a can of chopped tomatoes,oregano,bay, lemon, salt and pepper give it couple of hours off the coals longer if you can can keep the heat low.

IHN

Yep, we’ve just had roast pork a la Weber. Lovely stuff.

DrP

Welcome!

I had some pork on there for 8 hours today… Then chucked on some fresh hot coals and did mackerel and flat breads as the pork rested 🙂

Too full now!

DrP

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Be sure to also try beer can chicken.

Oh, and the Christmas goose done on the barbie is a joy.

theotherjonv

As well as beercan chicken, try it sat on a can of proper cloudy lemonade for a lovely lemony chicken. Or on a can of the west country’s finest export. My Mrs loves my cock in cider.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

RustySpanner

Is she called Samantha?

choppersquad
    Free Member

Going to definitely try those recipes.
    They sound lovely.

spacemonkey

I want a Weber with the gourmet grill but the missus wants gas. Neither of us winning thus far. My argument is that the former is truly versatile and will be used all year round. Some cracking recipes for roasts and other stuff for sure.

dingabell
    Free Member

We used to have a fancy gas one and I decided to go back to charcoal like ‘real’ men use.
    If you get the chimney starter I don’t think it takes any longer to heat up.
    Just buy one, cook something lovely and tell the wife it would never have tasted like that with gas.

bigblackshed

Try the flavoured wood chips for adding something different. Don’t over do the chips though, a little goes a long way.

grum
    Free Member

Marinated butterfly lamb leg done medium rare on the Weber is one of the best things I’ve ever cooked.

burko73

How do you manage with pork on the weber? I’ve got most of a pig in the freezer and usually give it a break across the summer when the BBQ is out. I’ve been thinking about getting a joint on the weber but I thought pork might be a bit fatty and the wife’s 8 mths preggers so food poisining isn’t an option.

Any recipes and advice welcomed…

DrP

Look at BBQ pit boys.com (or Google words to that effect) for the pork loin recipe of your dreams…!
    Just put the coals to one side, pork the other, and keep the lid on..

DrP

cheers_drive

Spacemonkey – get the Weber Performer that has gas assisted starting. It’s probably not much fastercthan a chimney but it’s no hassle.
    I had gas before and the weber has totally changed my opinion of bbq food.

Mikeypies
    Free Member

How to cook pork on the BBQ? Or anything else tbh

All you need to know

http://amazingribs.com/recipes/porknography/index.html

Covers recipes and techniques in all the detail you need and then some.

burko73

Good stuff. Will try this week.

bigad40
    Free Member

Check out DJ BBQ on food tube for some great recipes.
    Scotch bonnet chillis, bacon and blue cheese burgers, you will never buy a gourmet burger ever again.
    Wood chips to smoke your own ribs as bigblackshed said, take it easy.
    Pork shoulder is awesome.
    Get a food thermometer.
    Oh and WEBER recipe book.

Try cheese, onion and tomato toasties on a dying fire, epic for lunch the next day.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Just cooked my first Sunday roast on the Weber. How easy was that, even for me?’ is closed to new replies.