Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Just completed the census.
  • Stuey01
    Free Member

I’m curious as to why peope have a problem with filling out the census?

mt
    Free Member

What census?

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

chose to Kit???? i was born here (where’s the choice in that) i just Like to have the “choice” to fill or not fill in any correspondence, and not to be THREATENED with confiscation of funds if i dont comply.
    is that so very wrong of me in this “so called” free country of ours?

Kit
    Free Member

Kit, please tell me you’re not serious.

I am being serious!

Everyone here has, at some point, had a bank account, had an employer, used the NHS, paid the taxman, and perhaps even made a purchase with a bank or credit card. And all of us are using the internet.

Therefore we have all, at some point, volunteered personal information to one organisation or another. Have you, at any point, told them to stuff it? Have you questioned their legal right to take that information, and what they will do with it? I very much doubt it, so why is there a problem telling the government the same information?

Or am I being horrendously naive? And if so, then I will gladly be enlightened because at the moment I do have absolutely no problem with the government knowing what they feel they need to about me.

edit:

chose to Kit????

Yeah, go live somewhere else if it’s a problem.

Cougar

I’ve to fill out a form once every ten years to confirm that I’m me, I live here, I’ve not spontaneously turned Afro-Caribbean and I still have a limb at each corner. Meh, I’ve had bigger hardships.

DezB
    Free Member

-filling out
    -fill out a form
    -Wish I hadn’t filled mine in now.
    -Sent it back

etc etc

Are you telling me you lot don’t do it online? Freaks

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

the good thing is that you can talk about the services you feel that the community needs-you can have anything you want as long as it is made of purple paper.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

get a grip kit perlease

s
    Free Member

I can see the answer to question 17 being a conspiracy seekers wet dream 😉

Cougar

-fill out a form

Are you telling me you lot don’t do it online? Freaks

What do you call it when you fill out a form online, other than “filling out a form online”?

GrahamS

I notice you ignored my points Lawmanmx so I’ll continue to bug you 🙂

i just Like to have the “choice” to fill or not fill in any correspondence, and not to be THREATENED with confiscation of funds if i dont comply.

I suppose they could change the rule to “Anyone who has not filled in the census is not entitled to any public services, benefits, national insurance, healthcare, food, water, housing etc as they have decided they don’t exist and as such we haven’t been able to allocate a budget for them” but that is a bit more difficult to implement than a simple fine.

is that so very wrong of me in this “so called” free country of ours?

A country isn’t defined as being free or not based on whether you have to spend 10 minutes filling in a form every decade. 🙄

gonefishin
    Free Member

I can see the answer to question 17 being a conspiracy seekers wet dream

only to that small group of small minded English people who are unable to conceive of a part of the UK that isn’t England.

Kit
    Free Member

get a grip kit perlease

I’ve got a firm grip of my responsibilities as a citizen of this country. Do you complain when you are required to anything else in life? Do you pay taxes in this free country? Do you pay the nice person in the shop when you go to buy something in this free country? Assuming you’re employed, do you show up to work each day in this free country? etc etc etc.

Like I said, you’re free to leave the country if it doesn’t suit you.

mt
    Free Member

It can’t be 10 years since the last one. I must getting old.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Graham, all those “public sevices” you speak of i pay Bills to

redthunder
    Free Member

It was a toss between Jedi or “Disciple of Clarkson” but went for follower of Shimanoism 😉

DezB
    Free Member

What do you call it when you fill out a form online, other than “filling out a form online”?

Alright then scrawled all over mine..

can’t do that online

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Sincerely without malice, ill will, vexation or frivolity… I agree with Kit. What’s the big deal? I can’t quite see why folk are having their teenage rebellion over this. It ain’t that hard, it’s no skin off my nose. It’s useful for people, some of whom do not seek to harm you. 🙄

GrahamS

Graham, all those “public sevices” you speak of i pay Bills to

You pay bills??

But surely they are correspondence where you will “be THREATENED with confiscation of funds if i dont comply”?

Cougar

fisha
    Free Member

As the OP: I dont mind how many people, what type of house etc, or even the work Q’s that are asked in the form as I understand how they can help twards planning towards the needs of society ( if only that were the case ) … but religion, nah … I’m not a religious person and dont think it has a place on the form as what is gained from it?

As far as I am aware ( and I could be wrong ), is not really upto the state to create facilities for religion ( such as churches / mosques / places of worship ). Religion to me is something that you chose to do / follow, chose to participate in, and that you put into it yourself … and that places of worship are creations of the followers and not the state …. so if its not created by the state for the people … why ask about it?

I also don’t trust the no-belief answer … dont know why, cant really explain, but i somehow feel that the answer would get dismissed as an I dont care / it wont matter to them type thing.

Dont worry folks, i’ll not be preaching that we should all believe in the force and those that dont will be banished to the dark side on bikes with thin tyres wearing lycra.

tinribz
    Free Member

Was listening to the head of the Jedi Church on the radio 4 the other day and I was left with the feeling it was something not unlike an atheist come natural law movement.

Spiritual without a deity, which sounds a bit like some eastern religions which he admitted was probably the inspiration for the order in the films. New age western Buddhism?

That all sounds like something better than ‘no religion’ which comes across at best like agnostic or at worst morally bankrupt. Plus you get a lightsaber (hopes).

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Just completed the census.’ is closed to new replies.