Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • just checking – rotor fitment question
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

These are superstar flame rotors, the wheel rotates anti-clockwise as the photo is taken, just checking they’re on the right way round.

welshfarmer

can’t speak for SS but looks the same as all my others. Always looks the wrong way round but isn’t

mattyfez

Is there not a direction indicator stamped onto the disks?

Even so.. They should rotate so the spikey part follows the smooth part into the caliper.. So looking at the picture the wheel should turn clockwise when going forwards.. So they are on backwards.

Edit.. That was badly worded lol.. You don’t want the ‘teeth’ rotating going forwards, carving the pad up, so yes it’s on backwards imo.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    downhilldave

Looks wrong to me. Had some Hope floaters that ran the other way round

thegreatape
    Free Member

I can’t see your picture, but there’s a little arrow on them on the pictures on the SS website. Every rotor I’ve ever had goes on so that the curved or angled ‘spokes’ point forwards, which I believe is to do with the forces exerted on them.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Here’s a link to the superstar page, the arrow can be seen pointing in he direction of the pointy stay in the middle.of the rotor.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I can’t see your photo Steve, but if the pointy stay is rotating so that its pointing forwards then that’s correct.

nickjb
    Free Member

Support ribs point forward so yours is correct. Looks like the direction arrow is on the lower right rib.

otsdr
    Free Member

The rotor is installed correctly.

l.e. Grails, nice :).

steve_b77
    Free Member

Phew

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘just checking – rotor fitment question’ is closed to new replies.